Economics Advice for Studying (1 Viewer)

Luke322

HSC
Hey guys,

For eco I've got a Topic 3 exam which just has short-answers and multi's in it. Because the trials are so close after that would you recommend knowing both topic 3 and topic 4 inside out before my assessment (obviously topic 3 takes priority) and doing trial papers as well?

Thanks.

Luke

AuroraXT

HSC
Topic 3 is like multiple choice + short-answer heavy while topic 4 is normally essay-heavy although policies can sometimes come up in short-answer. To make informed decisions about policies, of course you would first need to learn the economic issues (topic 3) properly. So I advise you study topic 3 well, then prepare some practice essays for topic 4. The essays are normally linked e.g. how has macroeconomic policies (topic 4) increased economic growth or how has labour market policies (topic 4) improved unemployment (topic 3) or how has microeconomic policies (topic 4) improved aggregate supply (topic 3)

Luke322

HSC
Topic 3 is like multiple choice + short-answer heavy while topic 4 is normally essay-heavy although policies can sometimes come up in short-answer. To make informed decisions about policies, of course you would first need to learn the economic issues (topic 3) properly. So I advise you study topic 3 well, then prepare some practice essays for topic 4. The essays are normally linked e.g. how has macroeconomic policies (topic 4) increased economic growth or how has labour market policies (topic 4) improved unemployment (topic 3) or how has microeconomic policies (topic 4) improved aggregate supply (topic 3)
Thanks. So basically topic 4 is more likely to come up in the essays than short answers whilst Topic 3 is the opposite?

AuroraXT

HSC
yes, the only mcq question for topic 4 i can think of is time lags. Much more likely to come up in essays but even if policies do come up in short-answers it'll probably be a fat 5-6 marker. However, lots of questions they can test for topic 3 in mcq like causes/effects of economic growth/unemployment/inflation/external stability/income distribution

Luke322

HSC
yes, the only mcq question for topic 4 i can think of is time lags. Much more likely to come up in essays but even if policies do come up in short-answers it'll probably be a fat 5-6 marker. However, lots of questions they can test for topic 3 in mcq like causes/effects of economic growth/unemployment/inflation/external stability/income distribution
thanks

nourished.

HSC
A big part of Topic 4 is macroeconomic and microeconomic policy. The cheat here is to add specific policies to each Economic Issue in Topic 3. In effect, you would have studied both topics coherently.

Luke322

HSC
A big part of Topic 4 is macroeconomic and microeconomic policy. The cheat here is to add specific policies to each Economic Issue in Topic 3. In effect, you would have studied both topics coherently.
ok thanks so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)