Economics/Arts (1 Viewer)

Fermat

HSC
N/A
Im considering doing the B Econ / B Arts (psych) or the B comm / B science (psych). The duration of the B Econ / B Arts (psychology) is 5 yrs. However, if I did B comm / B Science (psychology) it would only take 4 years. Why is this the case since commerce and economics are very similar?

Is it possible to complete the B Econ / B Arts in four years if I did single majors for both degrees?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Im considering doing the B Econ / B Arts (psych) or the B comm / B science (psych). The duration of the B Econ / B Arts (psychology) is 5 yrs. However, if I did B comm / B Science (psychology) it would only take 4 years. Why is this the case since commerce and economics are very similar?

Is it possible to complete the B Econ / B Arts in four years if I did single majors for both degrees?
Compare the sample programs for the combination degrees you've mentioned in the 2010 handbook and figure it out for yourself.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Because when combined with science you're only allowed 1 major under science where as when combined with arts, you're allowed 2 majors under arts.

P.S. Commerce/Arts is also 5 years.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
and you can no longer do psychology in arts anymore

Gabcom

HSC
and you can no longer do psychology in arts anymore
Tis true, I'm now doing B Econ/Arts and doing Psychology, and I got an email saying it wasn't supposed to count towards the Arts degree, but they did so anyway for this semester or something. Strange that Psychology isn't even a minor for Arts and SOCIAL SCIENCES degree anymore.

Anyway, I now have to transfer to B Comm/Science to continue with what I want to do, so if you can get into B Comm, go for that one. Don't do B Econ/Arts or even B Comm/Arts if you want to do psych.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha they have to allow me to finish mine as i abide by the 2006 handbook =P

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
you're probably about the same age as me anyway hahaha
i know plenty of second years who are about a year younger than me, and plenty of 3rd years older than me.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
you're probably about the same age as me anyway hahaha
i know plenty of second years who are about a year younger than me, and plenty of 3rd years older than me.
Damn you young person... Hahah, just checked your facebook, you're like one the the youngest kids in your grade I'd imagine. =d
But nah, a day older is old. So you're VERY old. :D:D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
omfg, i just realised who you are... :p

LOL i just checked your profile as well. you're like a year and 3 months younger. yet i'm im an 05er haha

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Shall I join the party?

I only turned 20 this year and I'm finishing 3rd year. Isnt it a bit retarded when all your friends, including your gf, turn 21 and you just turn 20?

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Shall I join the party?

I only turned 20 this year and I'm finishing 3rd year. Isnt it a bit retarded when all your friends, including your gf, turn 21 and you just turn 20?
Well that's what you get for finishing school early! ;)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i dont mind being young for my year. i get to relate to 2nd years still =P

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
sucks to be you. maturing beyond you're actual time =) (granny-ing quicker)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)