• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Economics Essay HELP (1 Viewer)

hassanr17

HSC
Hey Guys!

I have an Research/ extended response for Economics

The essay question is: For an economy other than Australia, China Brazil, or Indonesia analyse the influence of globalisation on an economy other than Australia and evaluate the strategies used to promote economic growth and development in this economy.

And the economy in which i am doing is: INDIA!

I seem to think i have all information, but i honestly don't know how to start my essay :( i don't know what i should write....

any ideas/ suggestions?

BTW if you have any information on the Indian Economy that would be grateful!

Thanks and Kind Regards!

crazy_paki123

HSC
lad thats a HSC question. If HSC peeps can do it, surely a uni student can?

Clean Sweep

HSC
As a general rule, you should avoid popular developing economies and all advanced economies, you may need to use it for your final exam. The examiner will know if you're right or wrong and besides, it's boring the examiner seeing the same economies over and over again. I did a very small developing economy, there wasn't much information on it but I just fudged the data because they're not going to check.
Have a look at one of the former Soviet Union/Communist economies, a lot of people in my class did that.

hassanr17

HSC
Bhai Jaan, im not in Uni :L, i'm in HSC now... just started year 12

hassanr17

HSC
I am the only person doing India in my class :L rest are doing like popular countries like US, Canda, Finland ETC, plus India is a dynamic economy so that's only reason i choose it, alot of information aswell!

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Hey Guys!
The essay question is: For an economy other than Australia, China Brazil, or Indonesia analyse the influence of globalisation on an economy other than Australia and evaluate the strategies used to promote economic growth and development in this economy.
When ever you plan on doing an economics essay make sure you create a very strong structure, before you write the essay get a sheet of paper and plan out the order of your arguments in such a way that each one builds upon the previous. The structure would just be dot points, but written in such a way you essentially expand it and it's a "self replicating" structure.

To get a strong structure you obviously need to know what to look at, for something like this I'd suggest to find what has been the largest fiscal and monetary policy changes within the country over the past few years and see how they have opened the countries economy up to the world. So yeah, each paragraph could be a separate policy in which you would demonstrate your understanding of the course content by analyzing the policies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)