economics exam (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
hi so i have an economics exam next week which is supposed to simulate the hsc (mc, short answer + essay). Any advice in general to dealing with the exam since its my first time doing such a structure esp. for unseen essay Q.

Last edited:

Flise

HSC
How long is your exam and what topic? I recommend smashing out the multiple choice section to have a more time for a solid essay. In terms of short answers, for 1-3 markers get straight to the point, you don’t have time and the space to waffle. I recommend planning a bit before responding to the unseen essay question. Basic structure -> causes -> implications (consider short-term and long-term). Not much else except to memorise essay plans.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
How long is your exam and what topic? I recommend smashing out the multiple choice section to have a more time for a solid essay. In terms of short answers, for 1-3 markers get straight to the point, you don’t have time and the space to waffle. I recommend planning a bit before responding to the unseen essay question. Basic structure -> causes -> implications (consider short-term and long-term). Not much else except to memorise essay plans.
First and second topics and its 2 hrs. I'm planning to scaffold the essay in the first 10 mins and then come back to the essay after finishing mc/short answer

nourished.

HSC
Your study notes should focus on big concepts, broken down into:
  • Globalisation
  • Free trade
  • Protection
  • Differences
  • BOP
  • Exchange rates
  • Trade agreements
Don't worry too much about the nitty gritty stuff. Then, find practice papers and give them a go. For the essay, make a skeleton/scaffold instead and keep that for revision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)