Economics Honours (1 Viewer)

Left-ism

HSC
What was the requirement for entry into second yr economics major subjects? How can i appeal to get into this program and what reasons do they accept???(I was above credit average, but didnt get a letter which states entry into the honours subjects).

Thanks all

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Left-ism said:
What was the requirement for entry into second yr economics major subjects? How can i appeal to get into this program and what reasons do they accept???(I was above credit average, but didnt get a letter which states entry into the honours subjects).

Thanks all
I was above credit average for commercial law too...and i didn't get an invitation either. I got one for work and organisational studies though :)

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Left-ism said:

Thanks all
Thats weird 'cause my friend who just had a credit average so 65 got called they probz. forgot to send your letter (admin. issues) or they lost it (admin. issues again)

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Left-ism said:

Thanks all

I got a letter from the School of Economics inviting me into the Honours program.
I got 66 (Cr) in Microeconomics and 81(Dn) in Macroeconomics.
I'm not sure of the exact requirements needed for entry into honours subjects though...

Left-ism

HSC
yeh they forgot to send me a letter.....how typical!

Thanks guys

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Left-ism said:
yeh they forgot to send me a letter.....how typical!

Thanks guys
so they still let you enrol to do the honours preparation units even though you missed the enrolment day? I need to know the answer to do this, cause i missed the enrolment day for honours in management.

Left-ism

HSC
there was an enrolement day? you can just go to the student center and enrol cant you???

matt#1

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
No, I am doing two double majors (pol econ and govt & international relations) - economics was 1st year elective (bad choice).

Yes, there is no enrollment day for honours units. You just go to the SIO with the letter to enrol.

Also, I don't think you can do honours in management. management is not a discipline, only a major (in that the units are offered by a variety of disciplines, ie. govt, work etc.) I may be wrong however.
I got offered to do honours in work and organisational studies, but i'm majoring in management.

mermaid

how many places do they offer for the economics honour program....when did everyonee receive their letters, coz i xpected one and never got one since i got HD for both micro and macro. Is it only available to those who major in economics or do an economics degree

matt#1

HSC
N/A
mermaid said:
how many places do they offer for the economics honour program....when did everyonee receive their letters, coz i xpected one and never got one since i got HD for both micro and macro. Is it only available to those who major in economics or do an economics degree
its only available to those who do a major in economics...but you dont have to do an economics degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)