• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Economics in year 12 (1 Viewer)

ericaerica

HSC
Is the year 11 economics content really important for year 12 or is it pretty much new stuff?

I'm finding a few concepts and terms hard to understand...

enoilgam

HSC
Is the year 11 economics content really important for year 12 or is it pretty much new stuff?

I'm finding a few concepts and terms hard to understand...
Year 11 is theory based, whilst year 12 is the application of that theory to the real world and Australia. So yes year 11 is important to a degree, especially stuff like S&D etc.

kwu1

HSC
economics is equal to sex

you will be fine.
lol!

Year 11 Economics is a the platform for your learning in year 12. Supply and demand: price mechanism and implications is particularly important.

kwu1

HSC
It's assumed knowledge for Year 12. So I guess so.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 economics isn't essential for HSC Eco, even if it assumed knowledge. I speak from experience.
Out of the three you mentioned, only RBA is in the HSC syllabus, and you go over it again...so you don't need to remember Prelim.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Year 11 economics isn't essential for HSC Eco, even if it assumed knowledge. I speak from experience.
Out of the three you mentioned, only RBA is in the HSC syllabus, and you go over it again...so you don't need to remember Prelim.
Idk, it's important to understand theory like supply and demand.

Bobbo1

HSC
yeh as long u understand the concept u should be good, save all the theory learning for year... and monetary policy is one whole chapter so yes setting of cash by rba is in the hsc, but i cant remember what m1, m2, m3 are so im pretty sure its not in it
u should also just flick through the year 12 syllabus to check what u need to know

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Year 11 only crosses over with Year 12 a little bit - just the core concepts are useful so that you don't feel completely lost when addressing more complex concepts in Year 12!

I'm selling my Economics notes among my other subjects too (http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=266313), which if used, will take a lot of the stress out of note preparation and give you a fantastic guide and platform! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)