Economics Internships (1 Viewer)

danielvh

HSC
They're mostly for final year of undergrad as for economics related positions you pretty much have to do honours. Have a look into:

Federal treasury
State treasuries
RBA

williamc

HSC
danielvh said:
They're mostly for final year of undergrad as for economics related positions you pretty much have to do honours. Have a look into:

Federal treasury
State treasuries
RBA
RBA offers a fair few interships for honours students, in which they pay for you to do your honours.

Some big investment banks also pick up honour students.

Chris.

HSC
yeh im also looking but im only second year, not much around.
when do u reckon u should apply? lots of places for positions right now are closed.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Australian Bureau of Agricultural Reseach Economics (ABARE) - I think that's what it stands for...
My tutor worked there...
And Department of Ag Fisheries and Forestry takes people from a lot of degrees - they took me...the other ones that got in were Law, IT, Commerce, Ag Science, Ag Economics...
But you have to come to Canberra and it's not as related as RBA. You have to apply for the right section. There was an eco grad in R&D Policy, where I was put.
I don't think it is bad. It's not as glamorous as a bank or something, but it's good conditions and good experience if you want to go into govt.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
williamc said:
RBA offers a fair few interships for honours students, in which they pay for you to do your honours.

Some big investment banks also pick up honour students.
but usually nothing before honours??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)