Economics is so boring (1 Viewer)

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Raven3333 said:
HSC economics is great (yet so simple), university micro/macro makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry.
Really? :S

I'm at UNSW.. Micro last semester was a walkin the park, macroeconomics this semester feels even easier because it even closer to HSC economics.

Economics, especially macreconomics, is a great subject which can get you very very easy marks once you understand a few basic subjects.

The people who do best in economics are clear, logical thinkers who are able to bring together information from different topics and form chains, causes and effects..

Lots of otherwise nerds struggle because they can't see the big picture.

(being able to memorise lists also helps)

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
Rebekkie said:
how can anyone actually enjoy extended response essays for eco??? no, you can't do them on basically no study. or what about multiple choice where they're all seriously close or all completely crazy so it could be any of them?????
Easily! There's nothing more relieving than opening your exam paper, reading the extended response questions and knowing exactly what you want to write. If you get that feeling, you do tend to enjoy it because you finish and end up being like 'wow, that was a pretty awesome essay!' A sense of accomplishment, per se.

And no, the multiple choice aren't all right/close. Usually there's two that are clearly wrong, one distractor and the most correct answer. Cross out the two wrong ones, reread the question, find the key terms and choose which one's the most correct answer and you're right. It's easy to get 17+/20 in MC if you use that.

For Economics .. If you study you're right. I'm sure you'll understand next year when you're in year 12 and it really gets serious...

williamc

HSC
Rebekkie said:
how can anyone actually enjoy extended response essays for eco??? no, you can't do them on basically no study. or what about multiple choice where they're all seriously close or all completely crazy so it could be any of them?????
I fucking love the economics extended rersponses. Got 39/40 accumulated for both essays in my trial. Just write an essay plan, and just let it flow and chuck some statistics in there and your all sweet. Plus in exam condition you get around an hour for each essay, you can just write so much.

For multiple choice, read the question and cover and answers with your hand, and think to yourself what the answer is. Then read each answer and decide which answer best answers the question. it is normally VERY easy when you do it that way. (providing you know your stuff)

williamc

HSC
jisu said:
lol same here. i think that's what economics is: a bunch of jargon that most people shouldn't understand.
Your a joke. Just because you have the inability to think logically doesn't mean the subject is a "bunch of jargon."

jisu

HSC
williamc said:
Your a joke. Just because you have the inability to think logically doesn't mean the subject is a "bunch of jargon."
You're*

There's nothing wrong with my ability to think logically thanks, and even if there was, who are you to judge me?

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
williamc said:
I fucking love the economics extended rersponses. Got 39/40 accumulated for both essays in my trial. Just write an essay plan, and just let it flow and chuck some statistics in there and your all sweet. Plus in exam condition you get around an hour for each essay, you can just write so much.

For multiple choice, read the question and cover and answers with your hand, and think to yourself what the answer is. Then read each answer and decide which answer best answers the question. it is normally VERY easy when you do it that way. (providing you know your stuff)
Agreed! I really do love economics essays. Its all about exam technique. Also, if you're stuck for statistics there are usually figures in the short answer and multiple choice sections that you can manipulate to suit your essay. To really do well in Economics, it is about making sure you know your stuff, revising constantly, keeping up to date with current issues/trends/stats etc.

Ohh.. and we've got Ross Gittins coming down to speak to us all next Wednesday! Perfect timing :)

Last edited:

williams180

HSC
Rebekkie said:
didnt lose a mark for mc and 2 extended responses in cssa trials 60/60
i love the eco u can know it all with least amount of study the concepts in yr 12 are so basic. You are gauranteed a question on monetary and fiscal policy in hsc how easy can it be

williamc

HSC
jisu said:
You're*

There's nothing wrong with my ability to think logically thanks, and even if there was, who are you to judge me?
Obviously the God of economics. So yer then i can judge you.

ridiculous

HSC
how can you feel like dropping eco if your getting 95%????????????? that's crazy - you'd probably come first if your in my school. i'm struggling like mad - and there's only 11 people in my class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)