economics major (1 Viewer)

bella156

HSC
hi, is anyone an economics major here?
i'm thinking of doing it as i have enjoyed macro/micro but i'm worried about having to do econometrics as econ1203 stats was my worst subject so far (final mark 69). i did do 4U however i'm just not great at mathematical stuff in business degrees for some reason...

advice?

Notsuree

HSC
Uni Grad
If you're in the Commerce stream, I'd recommend Business Economics as that way you can avoid the econometrics-based subjects.

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
Economics major here. If you don't like statistics, i recommend you look at something else like finance or accounting?

bella156

HSC
thanks guys
i was initially planning to major in finance/accounting and i might still do that. however i'm in a dual degree commerce/economics and i genuinely enjoy micro/macro based subjects, just not sure about subjects like econ1203 with maths and data sets and computing/excel. is it difficult to do well in the econometric compulsory courses? might end up dropping to a single commerce degree but i feel 3 years is too short for me as i haven't really done any networking or got anything on my resume.

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
thanks guys
i was initially planning to major in finance/accounting and i might still do that. however i'm in a dual degree commerce/economics and i genuinely enjoy micro/macro based subjects, just not sure about subjects like econ1203 with maths and data sets and computing/excel. is it difficult to do well in the econometric compulsory courses? might end up dropping to a single commerce degree but i feel 3 years is too short for me as i haven't really done any networking or got anything on my resume.
Well I mean, you only have to do 3 statistics related courses over the whole degree so it really depends on how you like it.

I'm indifferent with statistics but fairly happy with how I did with them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)