ECONOMICS ?My Subject Selection---- opinions plz (1 Viewer)

zando6

HSC
I am doing

3u Eng
3u Math
Physics
Chemistry
Not sure about humanities subject though

I wanted to choose economics though people have said it can be really challeging and takes up lot of study time for memorising. So is economics really that hard as many people say it is. Like ppl say it is like 3 times more harder thatn business studies and stuff.

Considering I am doing harder subjects like chem and physics, would economics be a good choice over the other humanities

Any ideas would be helpful.....

HSC
I am doing

3u Eng
3u Math
Physics
Chemistry
Not sure about humanities subject though

I wanted to choose economics though people have said it can be really challeging and takes up lot of study time for memorising. So is economics really that hard as many people say it is. Like ppl say it is like 3 times more harder thatn business studies and stuff.

Considering I am doing harder subjects like chem and physics, would economics be a good choice over the other humanities

Any ideas would be helpful.....
Definitely as economics scaling is > humanities

:)

clue444

HSC
Economics is probably the highest scaling humanities subject.

zando6

HSC
Does economics have a great deal of memorisation like bio?

clue444

HSC
I think economics has some more thinking involved than bio.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah, a lot of memorisation, however you have to understand the concepts you are memorising.

Economics is the highest scaled humanities subject. I don't find it hard. I bullshitted in my essay and faked all the statistics. I still got 100% in that essay.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Economics is not a difficult subject if you grasp the general concepts. It is also quite interesting in terms of content and the maths involved is dead-easy (some may believe otherwise). Way more interesting than business studies and oh yes, it scales the highest of the humanities.

Besides if you take eco, youll be doing the same subjects as me :)

swathard

HSC
yeah, a lot of memorisation, however you have to understand the concepts you are memorising.

Economics is the highest scaled humanities subject. I don't find it hard. I bullshitted in my essay and faked all the statistics. I still got 100% in that essay.
that can only last so long lol.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you like learning about history and politics, then do modern. At the ~93+ range it actually has better scaling than eco and chem XD

Oh and I don't find modern hard at all, if you have a good memory you can generally just walk in after reading over some notes and get high marks ^^

maths94

HSC

Economics would be great choice, do not listen to people about there opinions to much. It really depends on the person if they can keep up the work. What about people who do Mx1 and mx2, phyics, chemistry and english advanced thats a heavy workload and some of them get an uai/atar over 90+.If you great at commerce at school at the moment go for economics,i hear its much more enjoyable than business studies and it scales higher. Also if you feel you can do lots of work do it, if you put all the hardwork in now it will pay off wen you see your ATAR mark.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
prelim and HSC last only for 2 years that u can never get back. work hard now and it will pay off in perhaps the long run, your career or simply your ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)