Economics Questions (1 Viewer)

Tacenda

HSC
Hi just a few questions to help solve my problems.
1. How much does the Actual HSC depend on the Year 11 Content? Is it like the Sciences and Maths where HSC covers everything from year 11 and 12? or does only year 12 content matter?

2. Recently had my yearly exam for Economics in Year 11, I've rarely even encountered the types of questions on there. Especially the ones that asks what you can see from the graphs. Where can I see more of those type of questions so that I can practice on them?

Thanks.

fgbh

HSC
the year 12 content is much more practical and harder it you look things like inflation, unemployment, eco growth the only thing similar is monetary and fiscal policy

Godard

HSC
Hi Tacenda,

There is some overlap between Year 11 and 12 content, but I would say most of the Year 12 content is completely new.

The reason for this is because Year 11 focuses on microeconomics - looking at a small part of the economy and learning about concepts such as demand/supply for a good and the resulting price, monopolies, etc.

The Year 12 course focuses on macroeconomics - whole economy concepts such as government economic policy (fiscal and monetary policy), international trade, etc.

As for the questions, Year 11 is more difficult to find questions for as there are no HSC papers. However, you can buy workbooks for Year 11 economics which have solutions.

Tacenda

HSC
Wait, so let me get this cleared up. So the HSC does not actually cover any year 11 content and mainly focuses on year 12 content?
If so does this mean that I won't need to learn the basic calculations like employment and equilibrium?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)