Economics --raw Mark--approx?? (1 Viewer)

sam_account

HSC
hi,

just wondering wat sort of raw mark would u need usually to get 92 or above in eco?

thankss

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
well i have a raw mark of 82/100 for economics, any idea what that could equate to?

im coming about middle of the grade with that (selective), if that helps.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
maybe he meant 83 for his school.

Different schools have different tests, as withoutwings said. i was just being stupid about asking for an estimate :D

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
No i'm not sure(I think someone mentioned it in another thread) and i'm talking about the HSC.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I finished up with a 85 raw mark. (2/44) Surely thats a band 6.

Last edited:

Haku

just wondering is there a definite answer to what kind of raw marks align to a band 6?

also how much does the school ranks or shittiness of the class affect individuals result, my class is shit, i am coming first, the top three is pretty good but the rest is like lost out there.

so just wondering would i be dragged down even though i am ranked first?

HSC
good chance that you won't be dragged down.

since you are ranked first, if you were to get the top mark in the hsc exam, you are unaffected by the marks of the lower ppl. If you got say 2nd or third in the exam, you might be brought down a tad, but at the higher ranks its ok and if u pull off a good exam mark it should not matter much - best not to worry at this stage.

HSC
btw there is no definite answer to raw marks (raw exam mark) aligning to certain bands. The cutoffs are different for each year and the only way to obtain them is to apply to the board under freedom of information act and as far as i can tell, no one has obtained raw economics marks and it looks like the board won't let anyone obtain raw marks anymore, despite the FOI act.

enigma~

HSC
sk8ie_boi said:
hmmm I'm confused... when yous say HSC raw mark, is it the mark out of 100 from your actual HSC exam?
yeah..but you don't get to see it (unless u apply to get it) what u get back is a scaled mark...kind of like a rank...

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
hmmm I'm confused... when yous say HSC raw mark, is it the mark out of 100 from your actual HSC exam?

enigma~

HSC
sk8ie_boi said:
oh really haha .. so wif the SAM thing, are we suppose to put in our raw marks or the scaled marks? .. but if it's scaled marks, then it'll be good lol .. wait.. so getting like around 85 as a raw mark is good?
sam isn't 100% accurate because you can never know what your raw marks will be scaled too or how everyone else in the stae will go in comparison with you. It might be higher or lower and you can't estimate what the hsc exam will be like, you could do ridiculously well or miserable. So don't rely on that for an accurate estimate (although it is pretty good). Oh yeah...i think a raw of 85 isn't too bad ;)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
enigma~ said:
yeah..but you don't get to see it (unless u apply to get it) what u get back is a scaled mark...kind of like a rank...
oh really haha .. so wif the SAM thing, are we suppose to put in our raw marks or the scaled marks? .. but if it's scaled marks, then it'll be good lol .. wait.. so getting like around 85 as a raw mark is good?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
scaled. 85 is band 6 so you'd put 90, however that's a guestimate

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
As far as BoS goes, we have no data concerning the raw Band 6 cut-off for Economics (not even enough to guess). As for subjects like Chemistry, Physics and Biology, the cut-offs tend to be around the 77-80/100 mark. If I had to guess, then I'd say that a raw mark of ~82-84/100 would align to a Band 6 for Economics though I could be completely wrong.

volition

arr.
HSC
Rench what did you get for your eco trial? did you do the CSSA trial? what are you aiming for in eco at the end of the year?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
volition said:
Rench what did you get for your eco trial? did you do the CSSA trial? what are you aiming for in eco at the end of the year?
Yea. I did the CSSA paper and I ended up with 97.5/100 but given that my teacher marked the extended responses and short answer section slightly on the more lenient side, my mark was probably around 93-94 according to HSC standards. As for an aim...I'd hope to get 95+ aligned, but the HSC exams can often be random and unpredictable so who knows what I'll actually get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)