Economics- Take it or LEave it? (1 Viewer)

AbaKaan

HSC
Just wondering if economics is worth taking and/or even continuing on to year 12 hsc?

or is it crap?

is it a lot of work?

asking cuz we have subject selections soon...

twistedrebel

HSC
depends on what type of person you are. Some enjoy it, and same hate it with passioin

muzeikchun852

HSC
same hate it with passioin
thats me! if u compare with the sciences, economics is very boring and very theorical. is all about theory theroy and more theory. although the content is heavy, most of the topics are connected so it makes it easier to study for exam. but if u are one of the maths/science person, i suggest u dont choose economics. although there is a little maths in it, its only a small part of the course (but there is a lot of graph). if u are keen to have a career in economics/commerce, choose it and have a go, see whether u likes it or not.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
a lot of theory .. 99% theory 1% maths [if that]

a lot of text-book stuff and memorising.. content heavy it is

if that's not for you, don't choose it

showy

HSC
With a good teacher eco isn't theory theory theory- sure there is a theory basis but its very real and it tells you about what's going on now. Great subject, though can be dry and is very demanding.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
With a good teacher eco isn't theory theory theory- sure there is a theory basis but its very real and it tells you about what's going on now. Great subject, though can be dry and is very demanding.
it's still all theory though

it's demanding in that you need to pay attention to current issues.. and topics link together.. chapter 1 with 2, 2 with 3, 3 with 4, 3, with 12 etc etc; so you've always got to be on top of it

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I lol'd. True economic theories are almost non-applicable to real-world scenarios, mainly they describe extremes of certain situations. Sure it helps, but I wouldn't go on to say they are very real.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
@AbaKaan - It is not a lot of work if you put your mind to it and the theories are ridiculously easy to grasp. I would suggest for you to pick it up then consider after a few weeks trialling whether it's right for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)