Economics tutoring (1 Viewer)

hpatdh

HSC
Does anyone know if private tutoring for economics is any good at The Brain?

Bobbo1

HSC
there's really something seriously wrong if people start getting tutored for eco

loaves

HSC
I really don't think tutoring for eco is necessary, unless your teacher is completely hopeless and you have no self-direction whatsoever.

The syllabus is so detailed and none of the concepts are particularly difficult. I'd just get a good textbook or two and make my own notes, and go through past papers to know the format of the questions and what's expected.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
there's really something seriously wrong if people start getting tutored for eco
Seriously.

Unless you are having trouble with the content and have found that teachers are not able to explain these concepts to you, only then is tutoring necessary. In all other cases, they are cheating money out of insecure students and parents.

MaxRigby

HSC
I must really disagree with AussieVesti and loaves - not wanting to be argumentative of course!

The syllabus is so detailed and none of the concepts are particularly difficult.
I cannot disagree with this more. The economics syllabus is atrocious! I hear Modern History is even worse and I see you've done that so maybe that's informed your opinion, but economics is definitely not a subject like Business Studies or IPT where a textbook is basically the syllabus filled out with waffle-y common sense. Maybe for somebody who got 98.9 the concepts were manageable but certainly you must agree that economics is a very concept-heavy course (certainly the second two thirds, the first third is a bit descriptive)! That said, I'd definitely agree that your number one resource is your teacher. I'm of the mind that asking questions to make sure you understand the concepts is the trick to succeeding in eco.

Unless you are having trouble with the content and have found that teachers are not able to explain these concepts to you, only then is tutoring necessary. In all other cases, they are cheating money out of insecure students and parents.
Come on! that's not very fair. I certainly would agree it's definitely the people who're struggling who can use it the most, but if you're looking to maximise your results not just 'get by', I'm sure it's beneficial regardless of how good your teacher is.

delian

HSC
N/A
Yes, those struggling should seek help to improve their marks.
I am currently offering Economics tutoring.
I was ranked 7th out of 108 in Baulkham Hills Yr12, got Band 6 HSC, and was Prize winner Australian Economics Competition.
pm me if interested.

HowellSze

HSC
Brain Economics is excellent, the person who takes it does guest speaking with Ross Gittins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)