Economics (1 Viewer)

ice_cream

hey...i'm not cheap...i meant for minai...to scan the topic 4 notes...
the model answers...nah...i just got them...except for the second topic....can't seem to find it....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well i will if u really want
probably on wednesday and ill email them to u or something, do u have icq?

my notes are based on Dixon's text and Excel, so if u have those texts, my notes will sound very familliar :p

and the model answers!!
i have all except Topic 3: econmic issues
mayb we could trade (as in fotocopy) ..but that could b hard

ice_cream

hey cool...thanx...i would really want it....cos i don't use the excel 1...and i use bits and pieces from the dixon 1...
i have topic 3...and now's a bad time to borrow from library...cos the books are most likely to be out....
yup...i have icq....but hardly ever use it...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
alrighty

ill scan em 2morrow and have it up on a server so u can download it (coz its prolly too big to send over email)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
yep, extra things like the philips curve shows greater knowledge in essays.

Markers get turned on when they see this kinda stuff...so yer...learn it.

ice_cream

how would you answer this question?
"Evaluate the effects of globalisation on world trade financial flows in recent years"

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
thats an extended response question right?
if it is, u should always talk about what globalisation is, the history of it, and what its doing now. Then u get into the specifics, such as talking about what trade and finacial flows are, and whats been the trends lately (eg talk bout direction of investment, transnation corporations, shifts in the global direction of trade, and the free trade arguments/trading blocs etc) so theres a heap to talk bout
Also the questions says "evaluate" so that means u must judge the effect of globalisation, has it been worthwhile or not

hope that helped

ice_cream

omg..is that what i'm supposed to write?
i knew all that stuff...no wonder why my teacher said that it's the easier question...while i did the harder question...and got a shitty mark for it...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ooh serious?
well its a good lesson to learn b4 the HSC exams
read both questions carefully and choose the question that u feel u can gain the most marks on, regardless of how easy or hard they may be, remember, u wont get marked down or anything if u pick to do the easy question...if u write it well, u get the marks!

medea

none of your fricken business, i know where you li
anotehr important thinkg about writing econ essay questions. makesure you define all the main terms that you introduce like CAD, globalisation, global economy, monetary policy, microecon reform et cetera.

and if you can add alot of graphs and explain them well and incorporate alot of theory into practice and explain it then you will get good marks.

it;s not jstu about writing well, you could write well, but you need to try to add graphs and explain them and their movements if you have the chance, eg. like protectionist policy, show a graph of the effect of <i>taking off</i> a tarriff or the effect of american subsidising their farmers. markers are looking for a good understanding of theory and incorporating it into context.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mmm, well said
as the saying goes "a picture tells a thousand words"
so in order to save time, u could draw a graph for say, the tariff example, instead of writing paragraphs about it in order to convey that understanding to the marker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)