Economics!!! (1 Viewer)

LaLaLa3

HSC
Who here is doing Economics? I'm finding it fuckin hard atm, especially writing the stupid essays. whats everyone elses general feeling?? i do business studies as well.

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, Financial markets with those ASIC, APRA, RBA things is so hard... :(

LaLaLa3

HSC
yep. just started financial markets and its heaps hard...

does anyone find it hard to remember factors in the labour markets topic?
eg. factors affecting the supply/demand of labour, the size of the labour force etc.

cccclaire

HSC
I reckon its a really good subject.
Its not that hard either, once you understand the concepts its just a matter of memorising them and being able to answer questions on them.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Ones you grasp the concept in economics its fine. The first two lessons that we spent on talking about bond yields i was like WTF, but after that its all good. Another thing that makes economics is the possibility of the outcomes. IN multichoices, alot of the question have two correct answer (atleast in my exams) but you must choose the one that is MORE right.

cs01001

HSC
LaLaLa3 said:
yep. just started financial markets and its heaps hard...

does anyone find it hard to remember factors in the labour markets topic?
eg. factors affecting the supply/demand of labour, the size of the labour force etc.
Nah, its not that difficult to remember the factors that affect the supply and demand of labour in a labour market. I did an essay on just that - 'Examine the factors that affect the supply and demand of labour' for my teacher to mark and I am pretty sure I can just list all the factors off the top of my head right now.

Try doing the essay and read over the points.

Oh btw, does anyone find Tim Riley's book to be too confusing, wordy?

cfair

Banned
HSC
Not really confusing, i do have to get clarification on a few things though.

Although he really uses too many words, I guess he wanted X amount of pages or something.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Sometimes I have trouble with economics, especially at the beginning of new topics. But I usually get it by the end. Doing chapter reviews really help, I've found it's a subject I really need to consistantly revise, otherwise I forget a lot of the content very easily.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Dixon hey?
I'll look into it.
But yeah, consistancy is the key with sexonomics I think

HSC
Economics is awesomeeee... though I seem to be the minority of that opinion, at least at my school. 17 people in my class in a year of 180, and 5 people plan to drop it already. :D

Luckily for me the school textbook I use is Dixon's one... I can't compare it to any others but it seems pretty clear and the summaries are fairly useful.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I'm using Dixon's book atm. Deeefinitely a life-saver.

I can grasp the concept fairly quickly; it's just the matter of knowing/memorising them that's what hits me the most ;x.

cs01001

HSC
LOL, Speaking of Eco, does anyone actually go to those $3xxx dollars Leading Edge workshops?

denday98

HSC
im doing prem economics atm.... im liking it very much, using the Leading Edge 2007 text book which has updated stuff whereas the ones they gave us at school is only 2002.... though im not coming 1st in the class....i still enjoy the subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)