economics (1 Viewer)

Path

HSC
Economics is relatively easy as long as u understand the concepts thought, the yr 11 concepts are pretty important as they are used throughout the yr 12 course. But economics is simple and interesting and u can write about anything relevent to the question and still score really high marks. I reckon its pretty straight forward, just know ur basics and go from there Best of luck mate. oh and btw never write prepared essays, it just doesn't work in economics ;)

nataliie

HSC
i personally think that economics is hard ... but very interesting. :)

Path

HSC
nataliie said:
i personally think that economics is hard ... but very interesting. :)
yeh some of it is difficult, i actually found the yr 11 course more of a challenge than the yr 12 one :s. but i reckon economics is pretty easy in that u don't have to remember anything its just all about understanding then applying wat u learnt. It is definately interesting, the most interesting subject i did :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
james k said:
is economics hard stuff
There is no definitive answer to this question. People will have different views on the matter. I found the content of the course to be straight foward at times, some parts were mildly challenging however. Nonetheless, it is a subject that requires you to put some thought into your study, and requires you to apply yourself to understand the concepts and relationships that exist between different aspects. It is not something you can just learn by writing a summary and then forgetting about it.

If you apply yourself well, you should find its not too hard.

You are in the class of 2008, so you have about a year to think about your HSC subjects. Economics is a rewarding subject that deals with some of the fundamental aspects that shape our society. It will give you a great insight into the workings of the economy.

Last edited:

whatdafork

HSC
So far, economics hasn't been too difficult. What I found most difficult in the year 11 course was being able to pull off an essay for any question during an exam. However, although it might be a bit hard at some parts, economies is definetly very rewarding. Being able to relate to some everyday events and say "hey I actually get that" has been one of my favourite things about the course so far.

cimbom

HSC
Economics is only difficult at the beginning, in the preliminary course. By HSC topic4 everything connects perfectly. It is probably the best course of the entire HSC... i am so glad i chose it over business studies. you really should enjoy it and learn so much from it beyond the hsc, even if sometimes it can be a bit complex to think about. just make sure you stick to the syllabus and don't overload on information, which is really easy to do... which affects the way you write and the way you are marked... becuase no subject explains the nature of past and contemporary humanity better than economics.

ekkyzZ

HSC
yes i agree
its hard in the prelim course learning about d and s curves but after that...its jst concepts u need to remember

rev-ise

HSC
I think economics is actually very interesting, and yeah once you put in the work and keep up it isn't that hard.

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
wow... this forum realy is dead....

Economics is probably hard if u have to know the hard stuff, but i dun think hsc economics is hard... just a matter of knowing what the examiner wants, just like any other hsc subject...

roadcone

HSC
yeah i found it good.. everything comes together really well in the end. i was a bit lost in bits, but by the hsc exam everything was sweet - which probably helps to explain my 97 exam mark and 90 assessment mark.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I found it really straightforward. Probably the easiest out of all my subjects.

HSC
It's an excellent subject. At the moment, i'm not finding it hard at all. You'll learn very handy terms which will actually make you understand the news =)

logic, logic, logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)