Ecop1001 (1 Viewer)

CurlyRuby

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Woo.
Today I have summarized Keynesian and Classical economics.
This afternoon will do Marxist and write up definitions for terms.

Yay for productiveness.
Yayy I've done summaries of readings and all the schools of thought now. Just gotta finish defining all the key concepts, then I'm gonna start doing prac responses.

How's everyone's study going?

ledzeppelin

HSC
CurlyRuby said:
Yayy I've done summaries of readings and all the schools of thought now. Just gotta finish defining all the key concepts, then I'm gonna start doing prac responses.

How's everyone's study going?
Haven't started yet :S (for anything really, not just ECOP)
ECOP should be pretty easy really though, already know a fair bit about Neoclassical and Keynesian, just got to learn Marxist and Institutional stuff

KarmaKitten

HSC
Finished with marxism, keynes, neoclassical, classical but not yet instit.
I feel confident though, my understanding is quite broad. The essay question will most likely have a 'compare' question. So im okay.
Just gotta learn my concepts and key definitions.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
I'm somewhat sad that ecop1001 is coming to an end. :(
Dhruv is one of the greatest tutors I've ever had.
Yeah Dhruv is tres good.

When did Frank say this?

nick1689 said:
"Fucking university lecuturers, what the fuck do they know?!" - Frank is awesome
I missed that.

By the way, has everyone found the past papers for ECOP on the library website? Helpful plus.

nick1689

HSC
He said it in either a Keynesian lecture or an institutional one.. forgotten already. It was bloody hilarious though, especially coming from a christian school, where you rarely hear teachers say anything worse than "damn".

Ive quickly learnt that lecturers are nothing like school teachers (which is a great thing :D)

Josie164

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
So, all set?
unbelievably fucked.

but im going to get like a distinction in chemistry which i have clashing with it, because i find it so much easier to study; i just have masses of chemistry now in my brain.
and little to no political economy. :headbang:

CurlyRuby

HSC
I think I'm set for the first section, a little worried about the essay. Is everyone going to Landsdowne after?

ledzeppelin

HSC
Josie164 said:
unbelievably fucked.
this describes me as well

i should go pretty well in the short answers, but the essay has the potential to be very nasty

CurlyRuby said:
I think I'm set for the first section, a little worried about the essay. Is everyone going to Landsdowne after?
No, got to go home and cram for Finance after :(

nick1689

HSC
Looking over past exams, and it doesnt seem to be that bad. Im hoping though they wont throw any curve balls. The essay will have the potential to screw me over though...

So for those taking ecop next semester, what unit are you taking? 1002 (econ and policy) or 1003 (int econ and finance)? Im going with 1003, seems more exciting.

CurlyRuby

HSC
nick1689 said:
Looking over past exams, and it doesnt seem to be that bad. Im hoping though they wont throw any curve balls. The essay will have the potential to screw me over though...

So for those taking ecop next semester, what unit are you taking? 1002 (econ and policy) or 1003 (int econ and finance)? Im going with 1003, seems more exciting.
1002...does anyone know who's taking it?

morganforrest

HSC
mmm I'm doing 1002 as well....

Is it just me, or do the short answers from the last 5 years seem virtually the same??

How long would he expect those responses to be, he must want some fairly concise, dense responses to answer them to a high standard, as there is a fairly severe time constraint

Thoughts?

ledzeppelin

HSC
The exam wasn't too bad tbh
Wrote a few good respones for the short answer questions, and my essay was ok, albeit a bit short.
I did the Marxist/Keynesian recession question
How'd everyone else find it?

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
my section b was really a series of unrelated paragraphs rather than a proper essay. waaaay rushed.

apart from that the exam was okay.

does anyone know whether you HAVE to do 1002 to complete a major, or can you do 1003 instead? 1003 seems more interesting.

nick1689

HSC
Section A was fine, as easy as I thought it was going to be, all my marks should be coming from there.
Section B was alright I guess, I was just a bit rushed at the end, spent too much time on Section A (do you find that you spend more time on things that are easier?)

What questions did everyone do? I did 1,3,4,5,7

ledzeppelin

HSC
I can't remember what numbers they were, but did the questions on division of labour, externatilities, perfect competition and the keynesian multiplier
did the essay question on marxist/keynesian economics and recessions

CurlyRuby

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
I can't remember what numbers they were, but did the questions on division of labour, externatilities, perfect competition and the keynesian multiplier
did the essay question on marxist/keynesian economics and recessions
Did the same short answers as you.
Did my essay on inst critique on neoclass ec.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)