ECOP1002 Help! (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hey my fellow beautiful usyd students,

i have been very sick and have missed the ecop tute on essay writing

the lecturer woman's email gave me the impression that this tute would be very informative and some writing requirements will be conveyed which are exclusive to this ECOP essay...in other words, a good understanding of academic essays would not be sufficient enough.

Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEE fill me in on anything i should know about the essay?????????????????????

bustinjustin

HSC
Er, not really, about half my class skipped it, my class didn't really have an essay writing lesson, we just went through the tute assignments and discussed what we did wrong. Mind you I came in 20-30 minutes late. I have Jonathan Miller, so maybe Jarvis Ryan taught something new. Essay writing lessons are always lame unless they present something new, and there was none of that in my tute as far as I'm concerned.

bustinjustin

HSC
Do you do World Politics? The essay session for that was a lot more useful.

cimbom

HSC
bustinjustin said:
Do you do World Politics? The essay session for that was a lot more useful.
... yes it was really good. we had adam lockyer instead of angelica that week.
the whole you can talk specifically about whatever you want within the topic, so long as you justify it thing (for essay #1) was awesome :) ... except for the fact that it was so much for 1000 words, 10%.

adambra

HSC
I have Jarvis, however I was sick as well which sucks. Might give him an email or check with someone in my tute if I missed anything.

HSC
Have any of the ECOP1002ers started the essay yet?

Im thinking about doing the small government one. Its a ridiculously broad question though...what is everybody else doing?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Yeh im doing the small government one too, all i have come up with so far is an opening sentence, and it is the most cliched introduction ever. I haven't done any of the readings yet

my opening sentence (lol):

Is small government the key to a successful economy? This essay will discuss the implications of small government for the Australian economy.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing small government as well.

Generator

HSC
N/A
*Generator joins the small government club*

I'm going to try and throw a draft together by tomorrow night. It's going to be crap.

bustinjustin

HSC
I'm not a feminist (I'm not even female) and I missed most of Evan Jones' oh so rivetting lectures on industry policy, so small government it was for me! I can't decide on whether to structure it by case study (Australia, internationale, etc) or thematically (deregulation, privatisation, etc)... I'm leaning towards the latter...
Other than that, yeah there's a plethora of info out there

And yeah it's really broad, reminds me of debating - setting up clear parameters and a burden of proof is so important (as is the case with essays too).

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
ujuphleg said:
Is Gabrielle still taking this course? She scared me.
When taking a lecture she doesn't seem too bad, but her emails/course announcements are a tad on the "oh crap, she might kill me if I stuff it up" side.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Really?

Amongst my notes from last year one of the the small notes that I jotted to a friend in the corner reads "Gabrielle v. pissed off, suspect poss. PMS. DO NOT talk if you want Fathers Day."

Not scary huh? :p

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
jotted a decent intro down, almost 200 words as well.

that's about all i have then i plan on doing 2 theories (keynes/neo-classical - keynes/milton), mentioning a few pros/cons of things like privitisation and deregulation, assessing recent developments, then international comparisons, then a quick conclusion

hmmm i guess it sounds ok, well to me anyway, it'll do. will try get some done this arvo.

HSC
I did an essay plan last night. Im totally going to end up writing ~3000 words and then having to kill of heaps of my essay :(

and Im using Milton Friedman too hip :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)