ed assist lectures (1 Viewer)

pri

HSC
N/A
has any one ever been to the edassist lectures run at sydney uni? if yes have they been useful?

aby

------------>
i went to a few of those... i personally didn't find it useful at all unless you see it as 'revision'

they are just lectures, quite impersonal and at a fast pace...

liz

HSC
I went to some lectures last year and found them very useful. Go to one lecture and see if you like it and if you do then next holidays you can go to some more lectures.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i didnt go to any of the ed assist lectures

i went to a day thing up in gosford for geog. we had some people from the unis and teachers there basically for revision. we also had that dude (can't remember his name) that writes a lot of the geog text books. it was a good day and they also advised us on how to attack the paper come the hsc.

blake

I went to a few of them before my trials. I personally reckon they are a waste of time and money.

dopez

gotta agree. I went to one - absolutely useless. The guys had no idea. They were trying to speed through stuff not learn yet or look at ways no in the syllabus for stuff already learnt.
I can think of far more enjoyable ways to waste money.
hmmm.... booze!

hornet

hmm. I went and didn't mind. Good quick revision, and mum was more than willing to pay for them (her part in helping me get my uai or something hah). Pricey tho.... 3x $300 :( :( :(

Unless u have parents who want to pay for them, dont bother. Tho maths is worth it, if your average to good to quite good. If you suck, then it wont help, and if you own at it, it wont help. Physics was dodgy, half of the lectureres sucked. English was good..... some of them were great, lots of notes... lots and lots and lots and a damn tired arm! (hsc warm up lol). No IPT or SDD :(

So yeah if ur parents wanna do it, go for it. Else, dont worry. Also remember, the ones just b4 ur trials take out time of ur study! Dont waste it. Like a week take or something. Tho the pre-HSC ones only go for 3 days, much better... compact.

pri

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of going for the visual arts one since their the only visual arts resource I can find

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)