Editorials (1 Viewer)

ohne

HSC
Did anyone notice today that the editorials in both the Sun Herald and the Sunday Telegraph were encouraging people to vote for the coalition? In addition, every columnist in the daily telegraph (except for a former ALP senator who was fairly neutral) was backing the coalition.

The Sun Herald's apparent support for the coalition is particulary bad news for the ALP as fairfax newspapers have backed them often since 1984. The must have been turned off by some of Latham's recent ridiulous policies like "Medicare Gold" which can only have a bad impact on Australia's budget and economy over the long term. Some other policies like their industrial relations one is also likely to be very unpopular.

The Daily Telegraph and other Murdoch tabloids accross Australia will be backing the coalition strongly this week given Latham's absurd recent policies as will other papers such as the Australian. With Fairfax papers now also apparently on side chances are looking increasingly slim for the ALP.

I thought this article by Terry McCrann in the Daily Telegraph was a fitting description of the ALPs discipline over the past week:

http://finance.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10948925%5E521,00.html

Ziff

HSC
N/A
ohne said:
Did anyone notice today that the editorials in both the Sun Herald and the Sunday Telegraph were encouraging people to vote for the coalition? In addition, every columnist in the daily telegraph (except for a former ALP senator who was fairly neutral) was backing the coalition.

The Sun Herald's apparent support for the coalition is particulary bad news for the ALP as fairfax newspapers have backed them often since 1984. The must have been turned off by some of Latham's recent ridiulous policies like "Medicare Gold" which can only have a bad impact on Australia's budget and economy over the long term. Some other policies like their industrial relations one is also likely to be very unpopular.

The Daily Telegraph and other Murdoch tabloids accross Australia will be backing the coalition strongly this week given Latham's absurd recent policies as will other papers such as the Australian. With Fairfax papers now also apparently on side chances are looking increasingly slim for the ALP.

I thought this article by Terry McCrann in the Daily Telegraph was a fitting description of the ALPs discipline over the past week:

http://finance.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10948925%5E521,00.html
I don't know. The Weekend Australian was very, very critical of both Labor and the Coalition as they spend people's money randomly. Particularly, they were more critical of the Coalition than of Labor - but not by much.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,10941994%5E7583,00.html

AT his campaign launch last Sunday, John Howard begged for our votes on the basis of bribes. On Wednesday, Mark Latham did the same thing, but at least he was smart enough to cloak his appeal in the fabric of social equity.
Mr Howard has committed almost $60 billion to his election effort. He says this is all possible because of his Government's sound economic management. Not quite. Mr Howard is the beneficiary of the bipartisan commitment to restructuring the Australian economy in the 80s and 90s. But Mr Howard shows no sign of being interested in building a similar legacy for future generations. With the exception of the GST, and this term's higher education reforms, he has mostly been a prime minister for the present rather than a policy planner.
The reason there is so much money to spend is because hard-working Australians are overtaxed. And the electors know it. As The Weekend Australian reports today in "Voter's Voice", there is a sense that public funds are being misused as both sides try to buy their way into office.
* I notice how you used "Murdoch TABLOID" as opposed to Murdoch papers. Obviously, you have picked up on the trend in The Australian and have decided to ignore it ;)

Rorix

HSC
I couldn't care less because I don't need to read other people's opinion to form mine.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Rorix said:
I couldn't care less because I don't need to read other people's opinion to form mine.
Since when do you represent the majority? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)