EDTA question. (1 Viewer)

rachunara

HSC
edta titration shows the conc of both Ca and Mg ions whereas AAS only identifies Mg. thus the conc in EDTA is higher

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
The part of hardness was completely crazy for me
Initially i thought errors in titration but thats to general and anyone could get it. So i sat there for like 3 minutes thinking and then decided to read the question again. I seen Mg2+, and it clicked. Im so happy.
It made me feel so smart even though alot of people on here got it aswell. Im just proud that i found the trick and it was reading the question. LOL

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
In conclusion i think there is many answers to this question. i dont remember it saying give the BEST reason right? so yeah, many possibilities as to how to answer this question.

also, i believe EDTA only titrates the concentration of CaCO3?

Petinga

HSC
I reckon angmor is right as my notes only says that a titration with edta gives the concentration of only calcium carbonate in ppm.
Therefor i believ my answer was correct which was that titration are not reall good for determining minute concenrtrations due to inaccuracy of measurements and equipment

I dnt but i know i made many stupid mistakes in the exam. I think i might have evenb stuffed the glucose calculation by not reading the question. i think i got 7oo something grams because i avergaed da co2 mass rather than finding increase each day. how could i make a stupid mistake, i am da top of my school

haque

HSC
EDTA gives an indication of the hardness i.e it measures both Mg and Ca, hence it is the Mg that caused this higher ocncentration

jpsorbara

HSC
Well i think you guys are all just saying some of the correct answers so theres really right or wrong, becasue most probably they will accept a number of responses.
BTW: my answer was because he probably over shot the equivilence point in his first run, and included it

jackandmilo

HSC
omg....where was this question and what is it about???

i dun rememebr doing a question like that something about titration?...huh?

and if so how many marks was it worth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)