Education and Social Work '06 (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Just a head count on who is doing a Ed or SoWo degree in '06 and who is continuing theirs from '05.

I did B Education (Humanities) / B Arts (Psychology) in 2005, and I'll be doing it this year too.

I hear the degree has been cancelled, which is such a shame coz it's a great degree. It's a bitch trying to get credit averages for Psychology (a 65 might seem shit easy to get, but it's not as easy as u may think!) I do plan on working a lot harder in Psych this year though lol

J

jhakka

Continuing the B Ed (Sec: Humanities)/B Arts this year.

Nebuchadnezzar

Idealist
HSC
I'm hoping to be doing Social Work at UNSW or UWS this year but have to wait till the offers come out.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Yep, i'll be transferring from B Sc to a B Primary Ed :D so back to first year for me

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
I'll be joining Malfoy in the B.Arts/B.Education ( Humanities) course! Tossing up between English/Histories or Histories/Economics! Also want to take philosophy andf Asian studies subjects! Arrgh! Too much I want to do!!!

Congrats on the DET scholarship Malfoy:)

company_sin

HSC
I'm sticking with it... so that I can continue to offend Grk_style on a daily basis. :wave:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
continuing my BEd (primary) degree.

though i hear it gets a lot harder this year, i might actually have to do some work! Noooo!!!

emjayel

HSC
N/A
tomorrows_angel said:
continuing my BEd (primary) degree.

though i hear it gets a lot harder this year, i might actually have to do some work! Noooo!!!
Hey tomorrows_angel, what're the contact hours like in first year? I'm ditching a career to go back to study, need to figure out how many days/hours I can work to at least try to maintain the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to :p

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
emjayel said:
Hey tomorrows_angel, what're the contact hours like in first year? I'm ditching a career to go back to study, need to figure out how many days/hours I can work to at least try to maintain the lifestyle I've grown accustomed to :p
Haha. In first year, about 3 or 4 weeks into semester 1 you go out on prac for one day a week for 9 weeks, so they basically give you 2 days off a week. i only went to uni mon, tues and thurs. i had about 13 contact hours, but it depends on your elective subject and how many hours that has.

In second semester i managed to switch around my timetable enough that i only went 3 days then too! Hoping (when we FINALLY get our timetables!!!) that i can get something similar this year!

Last edited:

emjayel

HSC
N/A
tomorrows_angel said:
Haha. In first year, about 3 or 4 weeks into semester 1 you go out on prac for one day a week for 9 weeks, so they basically give you 2 days off a week. i only went to uni mon, tues and thurs. i had about 13 contact hours, but it depends on your elective subject and how many hours that has.

In second semester i managed to switch around my timetable enough that i only went 2 days then too! Hoping (when we FINALLY get our timetables!!!) that i can get something similar this year!
That's fantastic, I should still be able to work at least four days a week then, which means I'll still have the $ to at least be comfortable. I think I'll have to curb the CD & clothes shopping though.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
Bachelor of Education (Secondary education: Mathematics)/ Bachelor of Science
(first year)
What are the timetables like for this course?? (holiday is boring but the thought of going to uni scares me)

lozzie17

HSC
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody knows what we have to do for the dictation test for education? Ta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)