Education at USYD (1 Viewer)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Hey,

I heard something about Sydney's education faculty being total trash and not really knowing what they're doing, changing the subjects required for the degree. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i cant but i know that macquarie has a great reputation for education. but i cant confirm this

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Actually, Ive been told that USYD has the best reputation for Education. Majority of graduates who go thru USYD get a job straight away, coz the faculty is so excellent. My mum knows the Dean i think (or someone up there) and graduates are able to go to the best schools coz they're so professionally trained. It's supposed to be the best in the state.

Also, at MQ, they only offer a Dip Ed as opposed to USYD who offer a B Ed.
Just my $0.02 :)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
alot of maqcuarie grads taught at my school which is hard to get into for teaching and they are excellent teachers. but yeah B Ed sounds better

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
its got a great name for eductaion because its where the old teacher college went, personally i will go into education after doing my arts degree (i wanted to take certain courses so i was willing to spend the extra year) i really looked into it and was told that a Bed would be better then Dip Ed nowdays.....and syd uni seems to have a really good rep in the feild (im really good family friends with a director of education) !!!

But ive heard good things about Mac and Unsw too....still i was told usyd was one of the best places to go especially if you want to go into humainties teaching because its arts faculty is so humainty orientated (just if ur gonna do english teaching DO NOT DO LANGUAGE AND IMAGE!!!!)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm im not sure if this is the right place to ask.. but does anyone know the amount of hours per week for usyd primary education? and how flexible are the timetables?
cuz im doing a certificate in languages next year and its on tuesday nights (i think) at macquarie.. do you get to choose your own timetable at usyd or do they just give you one which you have to follow? id be realy screwed if i had something on tuesday nights... (thats if i get into there)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i dont think there are classes on a tues night...just speaking from a lil bit of knowledge i have. Also, the hours are between 20 and 25 a week. I don't know how flexible the time tables are, but I do know that students are at uni usually between 9 and 3 (give or take) as USYD targets for students to be doing the work more at uni than at home (like mq does). I could be wrong, but this is what a few friends told me (one doing science and the other doing ed). :)

Tammie

B ed sec humanities b arts

I was considering doing this degree next yr, but im a bit worried about the cut off it was 88 last yr and i got 88.5. is it possible that it will go up heaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)