Education Degrees in NSW (1 Viewer)

sweetcherry

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking of moving back to Sydney after 5 years in Brisbane, at the end of this year or early next year.

However, the only thing that is holding me down in Brisbane is my Bachelor of Education - Special Education degree at Griffith University. I plan on completing Semesters 1 & 2 at Griffith, and then transfer to an university in Sydney.

I have been looking at different universities around Sydney to see which one has a good education degree on offer. I'm quite confused, and I would like some assistance on finding an university in Sydney.

Any opinions, thoughts, etc would be much appreciated.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
UNE (it's in Armidale, NSW) do a Bachelor of Special Education/Bachelor of Disabilities Studies degree by distance.... that I found out about too late :(

If you can hack the self-motivation required for distance work, might suit your needs.

jb2007

HSC
I'm at griffith also, I would suggest, if you can get in either University of Sydney or University of New South Wales. Both are part of the Group of 8 uni's which represent the best 8 uni's in Australia, incl University of QLD. Or maybe Macquarie, it's becoming much better.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
I don't think USYD or UNSW offer special education at the undergrad level.

Also just because they are part of the Go8 doesn't mean they have the best reputation for their education courses ;)
Exactly. The best Universities for education would probably be UOW and Newcastle.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I did Education at UNSW (as an arts elective) and i wouldn't say it's the most well-run course.

Interesting content but.

Would Newcastle really be one of the top education universities though (just curious)? Or is it blinding love influencing one's self-reflective view of their institution llama :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)