Education/Teaching courses (1 Viewer)

itrust

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I was wondering if i were to not make it into uni, are there are any courses in Tafe that could get me into studying secondary education/teaching, if not, are there any other pathways that could lead to education/teaching?

thank you.

HSC
N/A
If you're in Sydney I would recommend just doing the STAT test.

If you're not fussed about the uni you want to go to, you could easily get into ACU or UNCLE or something low on the ranks for a B.Ed.

But if you want to go to a more "prestigious" uni I would suggest contacting the uni you're interested in, maybe they have their own ways of alternative entry.

Then of course there is the TPC course at TAFE :) But thats doing it the long way (ie. 1year+)

itrust

HSC
N/A
sorry for the noob question, but what's the tpc course. I actually don't mind the time.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
OUA don't have entry requirements (www.open.edu.au). They have a 4yr equivalent Primary Ed degree through Curtin Uni but if you want to do secondary you can do a Griffith or Macquarie Uni Arts degree if you want to be and English/History/Politics etc teacher then do a Dip Ed afterwards to be fully qualified. They have a Visual Arts degree if you want to be an Art teacher, RMIT Science degree for Chem/Bio teacher, up to you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)