Educational Access Scheme (1 Viewer)

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I couldn't find anywhere better.

I was wondering if anyone is applying for EAS consideration and on what grounds?

360flip

HSC
N/A
you can get it if you're blind deaf or mentally retarded or something i heard you can also get it when your family member or friends has recently died and caused you grief but you gotta make it convincing like bawling all over the place and showing pics of your friend's corpse to everyone stuff like that! i can probably get special consideration if i cut of my own leg or even better both my hands! god i need that extra 10 uai! :p

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
Without Wings said:
I believe the thread starter was curious as to whether anyone else on bored of studies is applying for EAS and for what reason, not how to apply for EAS :)

absolutepureobl: there have been a couple of past threads about members applying for EAS which you might find interesting to read. You can find these by doing a search. Here's a couple to get you started:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/569/general-discussion-2006-hsc/112719/special-provisions.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org/569/general-discussion-2006-hsc/111491/educational-access-scheme.html

360flip: you don't get "extra uai points" if you get EAS, your UAI does not change. For further info on this see UAC or the numerous amounts of threads explaining the EAS system.
Thank you for those links. I am trying to decide whether to apply or not. I have a chronic illness that has greatly reduced my ability to perform well in the last year. I think that's a good reason but I am apply to one medicine course and I feel that it is a contradiction. I'm having a hard time justifying it to myself.

nicole1223456

HSC
i believe u should apply for it. its in place for people who have been disadvantaged in the past/present. its not something u can just make up like another person posted. it has to be a true thing which it yours is. i am applying for it for a variety of reasons but like u none of these reasons are my fault so y should my future be jeprodiced because of them? therefor i believe u should apply for it. it takes a while to get all the relevent documentation u need so id start doing it now.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
i applied for it. do u think i can get it, coz i think i may be giving some lame reasons. i gave three

1. moved three schools in the space of 2 years.
2. divorce
3. youth allowance

i dont think ill get it lol coz im pretty sure many people will have experienced this too - on what scale i dont know but.
anyhow you should be aware the deadline is the end of this month.

karoooh

HSC
^

I haven't put mine in yet, cos I think mine are lame too - They're similar to yours... cept the first one. And I don't know what to write in the tiny space that they've given us!

Whenever I try, it either comes off too soppy or corny or so very stoic. :S

karoooh

HSC
I was just wondering, are we only allowed to write in the amount that they've provided?

Because I have a friend who got the Year Advisor to write 1-1.5 pg for her and I'm a bit :S about it.

It doesn't mention anything about it in the booklet and I just think it's unfair.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
karoooh said:
^

I haven't put mine in yet, cos I think mine are lame too - They're similar to yours... cept the first one. And I don't know what to write in the tiny space that they've given us!

Whenever I try, it either comes off too soppy or corny or so very stoic. :S

lol i tried writing that stuff. it was very hard. i didnt want to sound to emo, but i had to or they wont symphatize with you. rofl.

ImSoHot

HSC
Bookie said:
You're only allowed the amount provided for each reason.

12 weeks in 12 lines for me :p

sent it off this arvo
Try fitting in 5 and a half years in 12 lines. Oh fuck my writing is going to become so small :| I'm going to deliver it in person, I don't trust Australia Post with my kazillions of medical/school reports.

karoooh

HSC
^

Isn't it only meant to have affected you in Yrs 11 and 12? :s

Oh and if your situation doenas't apply to any of the codes, and yet, you get the Year Advisor tow rite that your case is a bit 'unusual', it won't be considered, would it?

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
It's only for Year 11 or 12, they wont care about your last 3 years before that.

@carolyn - if youre usure youre meant to call up UAC (page 6 of the booklet says so) - 9752 0200

Last edited:

emily2005

HSC
N/A
hey does any1 know how many people get accepted for the ea scheme

karoooh

HSC
Bookie said:
It's only for Year 11 or 12, they wont care about your last 3 years before that.

@carolyn - if youre usure youre meant to call up UAC (page 6 of the booklet says so) - 9752 0200
:p

Yea I know! I've already sent mine in. It's just my friend was doing it and I was telling her that she wasn't meant to but she went on with it anyway.

Emly

E.T
HSC
why WOULDNT you apply for it? its a bonus 5 points!! could mean the difference between getting into the course you want, and not getting in.

ive applied, live in a rural region

Emly

E.T
HSC
Bookie said:
its not a bonus 5 points.

yes it is?
what else would it be?

last year, everyone from my school who applied for it gained 5 extra points on their UAI. some universities dont view it as such, but the ones that i am applying to do.

dandel26

HSC
Its not a bonus point system. Its an allocation of places in courses for EAS eligible students. All eligible (ones that pass their test) students go are in competition to get those places, in the same manner as everyone else. Its only a very small amount of places. eg) If a university has only 1 EAS place, 2 students apply for it, Student A has a UAI of 95, Student B of 90. Student A gets the place due to his higher UAI, regardless of their disadvantage during school. They only need to eligble.

Read the information booklet

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Emly said:
yes it is?
what else would it be?

last year, everyone from my school who applied for it gained 5 extra points on their UAI. some universities dont view it as such, but the ones that i am applying to do.
Bookie is correct. Your actual UAI never increases hence nothing is 'added' to your UAI. The Bonus Point version of the EAS scheme only lowers cut-offs at the specific uni by a given amount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)