Educational Access Schemes (1 Viewer)

choc-chip

HSC
has any1 applied 4 it? do u know any1 do?what is themaximu bouns point?
i know therez a gal doing business in uts gets a 5 bonus points after cut-offs..
anymore ??

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
are you thinking of applying? are you eligible? which uni are you applying for? i can tell you about usyd... but i'm not gonna bother typing it all out if you are interested in some other uni, coz thats different.... reply....

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i applied for it- it works in different ways for different unis...too late to apply unless u pay a whole bunch of fees and can be bothered running around sorting out ur documentation....

choc-chip

HSC
thanx 4 da both of u

i did apply 4 it on time...hehehehh..lucky me eh... but da thing is i'm getting anxious abt my uai...
wanna do business or commerce at uts,mq,anu n uni of canberra... commerce is alwayz my 1st choice, n i wouldn't mind any uni...(i prefer 2 stay at syd if choices r there)...
*worrying*

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol i was thinking of maybe doing business at uts too cause my sister is doing it this yr and she says its ok

but my first pref is for science atm at any sydney uni

choc-chip

HSC
wa abt business admini at mq? sounds more practical over commerce eh?
uhm..yahh...howz da bloody eas work on commerce ppl...is it gonna be harder?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
im not entirely sure exactly how it works to be honest, i was entitled to apply for it and i did cause i need help getting into uni...but thats another story

business admin is practical, but ive also heard that its difficult to get into- maybe not at macq as an undergrad with a good uai, but at syd/nsw where they offer it as a graduate course it can be hard...ask minai about it cause he knows more about this

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
ok, so how it works is, each course allocates a certain number of places to EAS students, depending on the course size it may be 10, or it may be 1.

Out of the EAS applicants for that course, the ones with the highest UAI's (but still too low to get in normally) get offerred the places.

So say the UAI cut off is 90, with 2 EAS places, and the applicants are
1. UAI 89.9
2.UAI 87.5
3. UAI 86.90
Only applicants one and 2 will get offerred places, even though applicant 3 was still inside that 5 mark lower range.
It sucks but if your course is popular, you still need to be really close to the cut off.

EG, i had EAS, got a UaI of 97, the cut off was 98, and i didnt get oferred a place, because only one place was offerred and the girl who got it got a UAI in between mine (97) and the cut off (98).

Hope that makes sense.... Oh, and Sydney Uni in general requires you to have 2 EAS "problems"or one really bad one to get accepted into its EAS scheme, its done on an individual basis, but it differs between universities.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i got the confirmation letter from uac saying syd/nsw/uts had accepted my EAS application, but for some reason macq wasnt on the letter of confirmation....

Sophie777

They don't accept, it said we have received it, and will notify you if it is accepted in late december.

choc-chip

HSC
they've actually made a silly confirmation 2 confuse us...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)