EE2 2007 bitch and procrastination thread (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Tulipa said:
If you want I wouldn't mind taking a look at it?

I'm taking a class in editing :p and I like having other work to look at. It's also pretty good to get a fresh pair of eyes to have a look.

PM if you want.
I will in a few weeks when (hopefully) i have done some more of it.

I worked on it today for the first time in like 2 months (thats really bad! lol)

My problem is I hate writing.

Seriously though, I have this love/hate relationship with writing. I dread EE2 periods and and always procrastinate (which I never do for any other subject!) and avoid working on my major work, but once I actually force myself to start writing I enjoy it soooo much!

Yeah, im wierd that way.

So this arvo i forced myself to write and now my mw is up to about 2000 words :)

On a side note, I am going really crap in advanced english, but am going really well in both EE1 and EE2. Is their something weird about that?

canned soup

HSC
princy said:
My journal is absolutely huge though. It is getting ridiculous.
Chyeah.
I'm on my third two hundred and fifty page notebook.
Going through all of that for RS and my Report assessment is going to be a real bitch and a half.

canned soup

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
So this arvo i forced myself to write and now my mw is up to about 2000 words :)

On a side note, I am going really crap in advanced english, but am going really well in both EE1 and EE2. Is their something weird about that?
First off, congrats.

Secondly, I don't find it odd at all. I've been finding the same sorta trend starting with me. :/ It's a little off-putting but when you take into consideration how much more content (with the various modules and such) there is for adv. then there is for ext. 1 it becomes sort of understandable.

On another completely unrelated note I'm on 10,676 words and have already trashed 2000 words (I was at 15000 at one stage - *twitch*). I don't know what I'm going to do. D: Tell me what to do, please?

HSC
FridayEvening said:
It's nowhere near as interesting as you might think, the only connection Euronymous and a guy in the story have is that they killed themselves. My MW is most unkrieg.
I'm writing an incredibly troo, grim and frostbitten Critical on the black metal scene in norway.

kloudsurfer

HSC
canned soup said:
First off, congrats.

Secondly, I don't find it odd at all. I've been finding the same sorta trend starting with me. :/ It's a little off-putting but when you take into consideration how much more content (with the various modules and such) there is for adv. then there is for ext. 1 it becomes sort of understandable.

On another completely unrelated note I'm on 10,676 words and have already trashed 2000 words (I was at 15000 at one stage - *twitch*). I don't know what I'm going to do. D: Tell me what to do, please?
Give half your story to me ;)

hpk

HSC
kloudsurfer said:
I will in a few weeks when (hopefully) i have done some more of it.

I worked on it today for the first time in like 2 months (thats really bad! lol)

My problem is I hate writing.

Seriously though, I have this love/hate relationship with writing. I dread EE2 periods and and always procrastinate (which I never do for any other subject!) and avoid working on my major work, but once I actually force myself to start writing I enjoy it soooo much!

Yeah, im wierd that way.

I'm exactly the same. Adv is shit for me. I think they mark differently. In ext 1 they are looking for ideas and perceptions and big words. But adv they just want you to stick to the formula of point quote example effect.

Thats what i think anyway.

HSC
i have aroudn 4500 words for my critical - however it is not a cohesive piece of writing. i don't know what to do, i am sick of looking at it ~~

kloudsurfer

HSC
chocolatecookie said:
i have aroudn 4500 words for my critical - however it is not a cohesive piece of writing. i don't know what to do, i am sick of looking at it ~~
Oh thank goodness! I thought I was the only one.

I'm doing short stories. In total Ive done about 4000 words. Ive only finished two stories, only one of which is half decent, and have done bits and pieces of the other two.

Its just not happening.

Im so screwed. :(

Last edited:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Can I join too? I've got about 3100 words of one short ghey-ass story and it's not going anywhere. I have scenes and pictures in my head that I intend to write in during the next few hours but I can't pick the ending I want and because of that I can't really make the rest of it lead up to anything properly =<
And I'm meant to have it to show my teacher tomorrow or Wednesday at the very latest (if I suck up and act all nice and cool about it tomorrow, rargh)
All-nighters ftw

HSC
well ive left my critical response alone for a while, i am hoping that something will magically happen to it.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Yeah, Ive been hoping something will magically happen to mine all year.

It didnt.

Ive avoided handing in drafts all year! But now my teacher is expecting one when we go back and i cant avoid him forever...

Eeep!

Oh well. Lucky I do 12 units...

HSC
oh gosh - my drafts, looking back on some of them, are absolutely horrible! i guess i just had to write something.

I do 11 units, but i want extension 2 to count, because of all the sweat and tears that went into it. i feel as though it would be a waste if it doesnt get counted, and i think it probably wont! eek

well we have around a month left kloudsurfer and everybody else! i guess we just have to keep going - and then when we have it completed, we'll feel much more satisfied... well thats what i'm hoping.

J

jhakka

In case I didn't clarify, bitching and procrastinating doesn't have to be EE2 related.

At the moment I have no complaints. Got a HD for the subject I was most worries about this semester, and my job rocks. Win.

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Oh, in that case, I have a metric crapload of English work I should be doing right now for 2U, and my PIP's due in like 2 weeks, and I am teh suck at my personality study in History (and so is our teacher, rargh). I'm up to 3400 words now, as of a few hours ago - Tetris is so much more fun than this :(

Oh and jhakka, you're a luckybum ^__^

HSC
my critical analysis is really really bad - i dont know what to do! it isn't sustained and is not in depth. *cries*

idling fire

HSC
My teacher is now bribing me with lollies to actually finish my first draft. It hasn't worked - much less effort to purchase them myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)