EE2 Marks! (1 Viewer)

bustinjustin

HSC
Int. 48
Ext. 48
HSC. 48

Like Gorgo's class, mine too did very well, 9 out of 14 got top band marks (no fifties though, just the two 49 externals).
And to think they say Ext2 is unsuitable for boys...

lolmg

HSC
internal - 50
external - 50

and they advised against an absurdist play.

hah.

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
damnation said:
I got 49 for internal and external...although I'm not quite sure why...oh well, why am i complaining?
oh me too. :/
pity about my other subjects.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
gorgo31 said:
External - 48

Internal - 50

HSC Mark - 49

My class as a whole did exceptionally well, with my friend Jerome ranking 10th in the state (he also got 9th in the state for Visual Arts). However, because I was equal first with him, my substandard external mark prevented my other friend Jess (who ranked third and also received an external of 50/50) from getting the overall HSC mark she really deserved. I've felt pretty bad about this; she probably would have got a state ranking too.

Regardless of marks, I hope everyone keeps writing. Best of luck to the 06ers.
Don't feel bad! Your MW was awesome, and you still got an outstanding mark, hardly "substandard". I bet your friend doesn't hold any grievances against you. If you performed the strongest in assesments, then you deserve the highest internal mark.

monique66

I'm so proud of the 05ers, you all did exceptionally well! Congrats on your marks :)

gorgo31

HSC
It's bizarre, isn't it? I even heard from a marker who marked this year that Absurdism was a big dud. I should've stuck with my original nonsensical, quasi-existential tripe :)

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I spoke to my EE2 teacher a couple of weeks ago, who was a HSC marker in the subject, and I've got some interesting news on raw marks.

Apparently I got 48/50 raw in the exam room, which was aligned up to 50/50. According to my teacher, anyone who gets 45/50 is practically guaranteed 50 as an aligned mark.

So yeah, just thought that might quell some of the 06 students' fears - your work doesn't have to be 'perfect' by any stretch of the imagination to achieve a perfect HSC mark.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
c_james said:
According to my teacher, anyone who gets 45/50 is practically guaranteed 50 as an aligned mark.
lol.. I really don't mean to be a wet blanket about this, but if you have a look above, I got 46 internally and 46 externally. I didn't get aligned to 50. I know you said practically.. but I just felt like being a niddy :p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
illodous said:
lol.. I really don't mean to be a wet blanket about this, but if you have a look above, I got 46 internally and 46 externally. I didn't get aligned to 50. I know you said practically.. but I just felt like being a niddy :p
You got aligned to 46. :)

Basically you get slapped with a mark by your marker, then the standards of achievement are decided and they align your mark up or down from there and give you that aligned mark as part of your results and you never see the raw marks. (Unless your Captain pi ;)) What I think c_james is suggesting is that the marker doesn't need to find your work perfect for you to get the 50 in your HSC results. They can give you anywhere from 45 - 50 and it would probably be aligned up to 50 on your results.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
illodous said:
I'm talking about raw marks; what the examiner gives you in the marking centre (roughly 25 marks for major work and 25 marks for RS).

jaihson

HSC
c_james said:
I'm talking about raw marks; what the examiner gives you in the marking centre (roughly 25 marks for major work and 25 marks for RS).
Shiza! Is the reflection statement really worth that much? Is that what your teacher who is a marker said c_james?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
the RS doesn't get a mark persay, but rather it impacts upon your mark indirectly.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
tez0r said:
the RS doesn't get a mark persay, but rather it impacts upon your mark indirectly.
Actually this is one of the grey areas with EE2 - how much or how little the Reflection is worth and how it contributes. My own teacher, who was present at the convening that brought about EE2 and who has marked it previously has stated it was worth approximately 40% of the mark but whether she intended that statement to indicate that the RS was marked directly or whether she intended it to mean that that was the degree of influence it had I am unsure of. However I've always thought it was more toward the former.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
tez0r said:
I'm quite sure it does receive its own individual mark, and that the marking split is about 30 (major work) / 20 (RS).

HSC
I'm so late to this thread but oh well!

External - 50
Internal - 43
Overall - 47

:)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
ATM i dont give a fuck about my mark. Im not ashamed.

I wasnt expecting anything spectacular. In hindsight, i shouldnt have even done 4 unit, but thats another story.

External Mark - 40/50 : and i was quite pleased with that, considering i thought my work was ass and that i did 50% of it the night before.

Internal Mark - 31/50 : now i dont wanna get all shitty, but i cant help it. here's what fucked me up. my teacher, im assuming, sent in some real shit internal marks which is why it appears as 31/50. i dont understand why though. my teacher fucked me up here.

so in the end i got 36/50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)