Egg drop science project helppppppp (1 Viewer)

Asianboy02

HSC
N/A
so i have a science project for the topic we are currently doing in class (motion). my project is to drop an egg from 5 metres onto a concrete surface. i have to create something so the egg does not crack. i cant have pre manufactured containers like plastic containers, dimensions must be less than 10x10x10 and it must be lightweight (less than 100g). i cannot use rubber foam, bubble wrap, tissues, polysterone foam, flammable or identiefed liquids and perishable metrials as the main compomnent on my design. DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY INNOVATIVE IDEAS????? please help me out ://

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
A parachute maybe?

Or perhaps glue a bunch of springs to it.

Last edited:

unknownuser123

HSC
I did the same project as you, i used straws( that were reinforced by inserting another straw in it) to build a shape that resembled a triangular pyramid and used cotton wool to stuff the corners and secured everything eith duct tape.

Kat92

HSC
I did the same project as you, i used straws( that were reinforced by inserting another straw in it) to build a shape that resembled a triangular pyramid and used cotton wool to stuff the corners and secured everything eith duct tape.
+1 this either as a pyramid or put egg in the middle of 50 straws, wrap 1-meter tape around the straws to tighten them to the egg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)