Egyptian Revolution (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: What do you think of the current revolution in Egypt?

id like them to keep it conventional (wouldnt happen - any decent war between arabs and israel would escalate quickly in the current conditions imo)

what sort of ramifications would we be looking at (ie nuclear fallout, disrupted air travel/shipping, oil) if jewrusalem and tehran were nuked?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

a lot of "feels bad man" on tv and that's about it

Jerusalem is just a fat religious/tourism centre and Iran isn't exactly world leader in anything to do with economics so losing Tehran won't do shit to us but would basically ruin Iran forever as it's their main place of business (thanks wikipedia)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

The Suez Canal is in Egypt brah no where near Jerusalem (or Tehran)

Fallout = more retarded religious people dying from radiation poisoning because they don't believe in it and need to see their holy place(s)

Afaik, there is no oil near Tehran or Jerusalem. At best, there's an oil refinery near/in Tehran

Basically I'm yet to see a downside to this

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

downside america would have to intervene and then we'd hear nonstop shit from america about the war.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

ooooooo right if you wipe them out.

HSC

jerusalem is ~300km from suez canal

i consider that fairly close, i drive 380km after work on fridays sometime to go home for a day.

wikipedia tells me nuclear fallout covers ~500km downwind of the explosion so if the wind is going the right way either the mediterranean, egypt, lebanon (lol) or idk jordan/saudi cop it.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

Nuclear is bad guys. Shit will seep into the water table and will affect the fishies.

Can we just bulldoze them overnight like bam?

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC

Jerusalem is just a fat religious/tourism centre and Iran isn't exactly world leader in anything to do with economics so losing Tehran won't do shit to us but would basically ruin Iran forever as it's their main place of business (thanks wikipedia)
Persian rugs.

HSC

i dont think the water table is that much concern for the fish, like the ocean though yeah

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

i dont think the water table is that much concern for the fish, like the ocean though yeah
If it gets into the water table it gets into the ocean too. There will be nuclear shit in the ocean straight away from the blast but for a long time the nuclear shit will be seeping into the water table from the land.

Not good for the fishies. I like my tuna.

HSC

thankfully nukes are being replaced with better weapons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

"Since in order to reach an object in orbit it is necessary to attain an extremely high velocity, their released kinetic energy alone is enough to destroy their target; explosives are not necessary. For example: the energy of TNT is 4.6 MJ/kg, and the energy of a kinetic kill vehicle with a closing speed of 10 km/s is of 50 MJ/kg."

"A kinetic projectile can also be dropped from aircraft. This is applied by replacing the explosives of a regular bomb e.g. by concrete, for a precision hit with less collateral damage. A typical bomb has a mass of 900 kg and a speed of impact of 800 km/h (220 m/s). It is also applied for training the act of dropping a bomb with explosives. [1] This method has been used in Operation Iraqi Freedom and the subsequent military operations in Iraq by mating concrete-filled training bombs with JDAM GPS guidance kits, to attack vehicles and other relatively "soft" targets located too close to civilian structures for the use of conventional high explosive bombs."

very interesting

125x1400 mm (shell of a tank) 1700 m/s 6120 km/h 1.4 MJ/kg
Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle closing speed roughly 10 km/s ~36000 km/h ~ 50 MJ/kg

tank shells are 18kg each so that gives 25 MJ impact
to equal that you only need a 500 gram projectile @ 6 times faster lol

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

i endorse this method.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

a lot of "feels bad man" on tv and that's about it

Iran is the second largest producer of crude oil after Saudi Arabia.

HSC

that means you only need an 84kg projectile moving at 10km/s to give a 1 KT impact

a 1,2 tonne projectile to give an impact similar to hiroshima

fuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)