einstein's contribution to quantum phys and tha graph that goes with it... (1 Viewer)

cko

HSC
for the dot point refering to einstein adn his contribution to quantum phys, did anyobdy else get a graph/model of some exp that einstein did to prove qunatum stuff where u got a graph and something about stopping voltage and crap like that? bcoz tha syllubus doesn't say anything bout needing to know a graph/model to answer this dot point but i got a question in my half yearlies to discuss einstein's contributions to quantum and u had to answer that question using that weird graph... so my question basically is that if they asked it in tha half yearlies but not directly in the syllubus then cud they ask a question like that in the HSC exam where u have to use that graph to aid ur response on einsteina nd his contributions?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Theres a graph that goes with it?

Umm I think I know what one your talking about (is it the one with multiple straight lines that suddenly drop down to 0, with photocurrent and stopping voltage?)

Basically it showed that electrons could only absorb one photon, hence intensity of light (number of photons) is directly proportional to the photocurrent.

Also that the higher the frequency of photon (and hence more energy) the more energy each electron is given (Kinetic Energy) hence a larger stopping voltage is required to accelerate them (in the opposite direction) to stop a current from being produced.

cko

HSC
yeh that's tha graph, but do u need to know it? as in the ppl from BOS can make u refer to it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)