Electical Engineering 2005 (1 Viewer)

Sasukekun

HSC
yeah im with you and yes u can transfer but after 1st year which im planning on doing. But i think in order for you to do that you need to get good marks...not sure what exactly, sorry.

Sasukekun

HSC
yeah i kno a friend, he did 2u maths and hes doing a bridging course

yep im a naruto fan =D!

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
man... i prolly can't make it to the ext1 bridging course >< i wont be back from china until 15th and the course starts from 7th >< blardy hell... anyone else in electrical?? doesn't seem like it's a very popular course atm LOL

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hi,

Electrical Engineering at UTS is not bad, but some subjects are just killers.

If you want to buy cheap textbooks, try
www.textbookexchange.com.au

Maths Modelling 1- On Shoulders of Giants - 55$s new and 25 dollars used
Physical MOdelling 1 - Uni Phys - 110$s brand new - not fuckin worth it tho, waste of money. Get this boook instead , written by Logan

EFS - notes, shit subject apparently, i still need to do it
Intro to Electical engineering - Hambley Textbook, $105 - not worth it, get it used for about 50$s at the used book shop or the above website.

and for those who are doing double degrees, that is not worth it because the topics are totally irrelevant + u wont have enough time to excel in both courses. Thats from my experience of 1 year of engineering and medical science.

MoNNiE

HSC
van???
that name just suddenly clicked..

oh if u do want cheap books, i suggest the university's second hand book shop on level 3, and as the above dude has mentioned, get logan's book -- its available in electronic form from the uts website (the book is no longer being published in hard copy.. though, you can still find it lingering around 2nd hand book shops :) )
but neways.. it doesn't matter which physics book you buy, mostly all the books cover the same material... some do do better then other textbooks :D

mjlucas

HSC
You can do transfers to different majors after your first year. Official word is you need a credit average, but usually it just requires you to know the head of your program and ask them to sign off on the transfer.

Electrical, Software and CSE are very similar for the first 1.5 years.

For second hand books, try the UTS second hand bookstore on level 3 in the union area (accross from the student association). Also try the Engineering Society's second hand bookstore

Sasukekun

HSC
does anyone know how much you hav to pay for this course?? (HECS)
im just curious....
does it come to ur mail?? or....

lil_mia

guna sell my books

hey people,
selling off my books for maths mod 1, object orientated programming and intro to electrical.
email me at babie.mia@gmail.com or just pm with prices you willing to pay and if it's decent i'll sell it to ya!

vienl

Usyd pharming
HSC
hey guys/girls..count me in the electrical eng. boat headed for UTS :D
hope to meet u guys at O Camp 1. Btw does anyone here know exactly what textbooks are required in First yr?

tomekz

HSC
Purp|e said:
i think ima have to do ext 1 bridging course *sigh* (for civil engineering :))
Yeah..... i couldnt b bothered doing that....... but i guess it could come in handy.... oh well :)

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
ohh man... i'm so glad to meet you guys. maybe now i won't be so alone in the classrooms :p and i agree... textbooks are bloody expensive!! >< but then again that's uni...

by the way, is first year engineering really heavy in maths? coz if it is, then i think im screwed over... =( i got my ass kicked in maths for the HSC.

Such a tragic mark of 68 *sniff*

so anyways, i'll be seeing you guys on Feb 28!! look for a short asian guy with an orange nike bag... or just yell blay and i'll be sure to answer!

looking forward to seeing you all there!!

ROCK ON!! ><!

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
oh yeh and sasuke kun... i think the price of the course (HECS) at full upfront payment is about... $6.3k for the year =( $3k a semester? i'm not entirely sure, i only got that figure from that stupid UTS calculator... if anyone can confirm that? maybe that chick that was offering to sell her textbooks?? anyone?

pleeeeeeease? =(

violentlazy

HSC
i think its like $800 per subject. im not good at remembering things ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)