Elective Help - Info please (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Hi, My English Ext 1 teacher has asked us to read the syllabus and pick which elective we wish to study so that he can get the texts prepared and such.

Can someone tell me what Retreat from the Global is like cause i'm really interested in it but I asked my sister who did it ans she said it was great and interesting, and then one of my friends from last year and they said it sucked.

Can someone give me some personal insight into it cause i really want to know from other students pespectives.

Thank You

HSC
:D if my b/f could see ur post now it would be a big

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lol well from wat ive heard, it is a really really really hard concept to grasp, even with the best english students. theres no one cut defination to it. it might be interesting but i think the problem my b/f n his grade had with it was the concept of it is really hard to understand. its something like post post mordernism or something very strange along those lines :p

i personally recommend studying 'genres' and u can pick from a few ;)

good luck

anirudh18

HSC
hey,
I currently do Retreat from the Global, in fact I just did the trial today. Well it is a difficult concept, however unlike the other electives this is one that allows you to adopt a very unique approach to the module. The frameworks u can study which involve ur unique concepts of different theories ie postcolonial and postmodern literary theory. It is difficult as it requires quite a bit of research, but its very interesting as it deals with contemporary issues.
Overall, i find it great and enjoyable.
Hope this helps :)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Thanks i spoke with my extension teacher today about it, he said that I would really benefit from it cause it would be something that i will do well at.

But he said the rest of the class wants to do so -far gendered language (ughhhhhh) that i won't mind doing it but i wanted to do something that was well, more philosopicahlly minded per say . Oh well

But that sounds right up my alley

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)