Electives Question (1 Viewer)

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
I have chosen a commerce elective (accounting and financial mgt 1A) in my first year (doing a CSE course), but unlike the rest of the subjects i have to do, there's no tutorials listed in the timetable?

i've heard of that TAS thing for the commerce facualty but do i have to signup to that for tutorials, or don't u do tutorials for electives?

P.S - any other useful information related to this is also greatly appreciated

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Yes, you will need to use TAS to enroll in your tutes. This can be done in the labs once you get to uni, or from a downloadable program available on the FCE webiste; www.fce.unsw.edu.au

blah

I am blah
HSC
Ok I'm doing software enginnering and I've chosen a commerce elective for semester 2 (or session2), but is the TAS thing only for semester1 tutorials right now?

Should I enrol or not? Thanks

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by McLake
Yes, you will need to use TAS to enroll in your tutes. This can be done in the labs once you get to uni, or from a downloadable program available on the FCE webiste; www.fce.unsw.edu.au
listen to this guy

but u don't exactly "download" it in that sense, u execute it off the webserver

haha; but what ya do is u put ur "good times" and bad times and the system will allocate on the 25th feb every1s time

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by blah
Ok I'm doing software enginnering and I've chosen a commerce elective for semester 2 (or session2), but is the TAS thing only for semester1 tutorials right now?

Should I enrol or not? Thanks
Enroll in the elective with myUNSW. You can't use TAS until the mid-year break.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
but u don't exactly "download" it in that sense, u execute it off the webserver
Really? Because i have a copy that I downloaded last year (uses tty to access the database). Maybe they don't have that anymore ...

blah

I am blah
HSC
Ok thanks I've done that but it's just lectures. Thats why i chose it i thought it was going to be a bludge , but now I find out that theres tutorials :(

But seriously how are people suppose to know about this TAS thing, I was only lucky to see it on this forum

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by blah
Ok thanks I've done that but it's just lectures. Thats why i chose it i thought it was going to be a bludge , but now I find out that theres tutorials :(

But seriously how are people suppose to know about this TAS thing, I was only lucky to see it on this forum
Again its down to the "you should look for yourself" idea uni runs on. If you know subjects have tutes (which almost they always do), but they aren't listed, you'd be expected to find out. Going to www.fce.unsw.edu.au will already give to you a link to TAS.

Really? Because i have a copy that I downloaded last year (uses tty to access the database). Maybe they don't have that anymore ...
I don't know if they still actually make it avaliable for download, but the downloadable version doesn't work apparently till March 1st 9am.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sunny
I don't know if they still actually make it avaliable for download, but the downloadable version doesn't work apparently till March 1st 9am.
They should. And yeah, it wont work until March 1st, when you can vary your tute times again

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
They should. And yeah, it wont work until March 1st, when you can vary your tute times again
I noticed that when I tried to log in ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)