Electves and submajors (1 Viewer)

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
Hi guys,

I'm doing Bachelor Medical Science, and the time has come to pick my electives for 2nd year. I heard that if you devote all 4 of your electives to the core subjects of another course, you get a sub major in that course. Is this true? If so, is it possible with my course, eg, Bachelor Medical Science with a sub major in mechanical engineering....Also, what does a sub major give you in the end?? (I want to do post grad med after....)

CHEERS

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
A sub-major does not give you anything in the end-- it will show potential employers that you have studied, to a basic level, the subjects in your sub-major, but you won't end up with some special plaque or a diploma or anything like that.

Taking 4 electives will not result in a sub-major, it will result in 4 electives. You can obviously take the same electives that would show up in a sub-major, if you're able to enrol in any subject (there are limitations, even with 'free choice of electives' is shown), but you won't literally have taken a sub-major in mechanical engineering.

krayzie_

HSC
Just UTS's way of trying to glorify the B.Medical Science degree.

Trust me I know (3rd year) - thats why I transferred to a double degree with Business so that when B.Medical Science becomes completelly useless then I have something to fall onto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)