• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eligibility for Summer Research Scholarship (1 Viewer)

melissachua

HSC
Officially speaking, I will be in my first year (2nd sem) when the semester commences.

But I'm taking 2 second year Immunology subjects + 1 first year Bio + 1 elective for this semester

And I'm planning to take 2 third year Immunology subjects + 1 second year pharmacology + one elective for next semester

By the end of the year, I would be completely done with all the Immunology subjects

Am I eligible to apply for the summer vacation scholarship for a Immunology research????? (eligibility requirement: at least completed 2nd year when the research commences)

It sounds really complicated but I hope someone would help me out with this.

nottellingu

HSC
What course are you doing?
It sounds like you're in your 2nd year of medical science?

melissachua

HSC
No. I'm officially considered a first year (2nd sem) Bachelor of Science student

ssglain

HSC
Sydney Medical School offers a range of Summer Research Scholarships in various disciplines, including immunology. I did one in physiology after finishing first year. This summer a lot of first year friends of mine are doing summer research projects. You should have no problem applying.

nottellingu

HSC
I'd be interested in doing something like that but i'm only starting 1st year next month.

Will our knowledge base be good enough after 1st year to do something like that?

Does anyone have any idea how I can apply for something like that at UNSW? :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I'd be interested in doing something like that but i'm only starting 1st year next month.

Will our knowledge base be good enough after 1st year to do something like that?

Does anyone have any idea how I can apply for something like that at UNSW? :)
The Faculty of Science offers Summer Research Scholarships every year. One of the eligibilities is you have to be in your 2nd or 3rd year. However, in exceptional cases, if your marks are outstanding, you will be offered a scholarship. Check the Faculty Website around June or July.

melissachua

HSC
Must we choose the projects based on our majors or are we allowed to take any of the listed projects?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Some supervisors prefer students majoring in the relevant areas. Some are less strict (similar disciplines are still okay. e.g. within the same school). Obviously you cannot go for a physics project when you are majoring in immunology.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)