Elizabeth I (1 Viewer)

mumajugs1

HSC
For our class topic next term we are doing Elizabeth I. My taecher wasnt to good explaining what the topic involved. Can anyone if they have done it give me an idea of what's covered in the topic? Is it just like the entire life of Elizabeth? Thanks in advance :wave:

HSC
No its not. In fact, you really don't need to know much of E's entire life. Just the historian;s and the perspectives and how they've constructed Elizabeth.

Check the BOS for the syllabus and they have the 5 areas they want you to explore with Elizabeth. Become an expert on 2 or 3 of those dot points and you're good to go.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
We started off with an assignment that allowed us to look at Lizzy's life, but that wasn't the important thing. You'll look at a range of issues, such as role of gender and Virgin Queen status, political leadership, religious issues depending on what your teacher chooses, and the views of an array of historians based on the 5 points in the syllabus. To name a few, they could be G. Elton, John Neale, Carole Levin, Susan Bassnett, William Camden, John Knox, Christopher Haigh etc etc.

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
This is from the HSC History Extension Syllabus:

Option 12: Elizabeth I and the Elizabethan Age
Principal focus: students investigate changing interpretations of the evidence relating to the personality and achievements of Elizabeth I.
Students examine the approaches to history and interpretations (including recent historiography) that have resulted in historical debate in the areas of:
– constructions of Elizabeth’s identities and gender
– political and administrative leadership
– influences on, and changes to, English culture
– religious beliefs and policies
– influence on changes to English systems of government.

You may only cover a couple of the points...Elizabeth is an exciting topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)