Elizabethtown..love it? loath it? (1 Viewer)

Me_aburren

HSC
hey.......anyone else seen elizabethtown? I saw it last week.... and after hearing mixed reviews i really enjoyed it..although im not a big fan of kirsten dunst but she didnt annoy the total crap out of me.....i found it really funny and i think it had a really nice feel to it......
what did u guys think?

Luke_D

HSC
Elizabethtown appears to be a bit of an anti-climax from what I hear. After watching the trailer, I was really looking forward to seeing it. Then my dad told me he heard a review and they said it will go down as one of the worst movies of 2005. I haven't seen it yet. A couple of my friends saw it the other day and said it was rather crap. A shame really.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
LIke orlando bloom. Would watch the movie. But i hate kirsten dunst. Cannot stand her. Which is a shame cos I think i would enjoy that mvie if it werent for her.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Cameron Crowe was a fool to use Legolas. No good can ever come of Orlando Bloom's involvement in any movie. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping Crowe would redeem himself after Vanilla Sky to give us another Almost Famous, Say Anything or even Singles.

Kirsten Dunst though, was pretty good. Her best performance since The Virgin Suicides. She's shown enough to give me some degree of confidence that she won't stuff up Marie-Antoinette (Sophia Coppola's next flick)

Last edited:

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
Garden State was AWESOME! i LOVE Zach Braff. and Natalie Portman.

i want to see Elizabethtown, because Orlando Bloom is hot (not the greatest actor, but, meh.) and i like Kirsten Dunst

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
im going on thursday to watch elizabathtown....cant wait...love orlando bloom

HSC
Hate bloom, hate dunst, liked the supposed storyline in the preview. Apparently there was none. That decides it for me.

nwatts

HSC
Benny_ said:
Kirsten Dunst though, was pretty good. Her best performance since The Virgin Suicides. She's shown enough to give me some degree of confidence that she won't stuff up Marie-Antoinette (Sophia Coppola's next flick)
If she does I'll personally see to her to the guillotine.

And I'm also upset with Crowe. I liked Vanilla Sky and loved Almost Famous. This looks very, crap. I'll probably see it, but I'm not keen.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i saw it last nite...it has the strangest story line but it was a really funny movie :)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Oh heck there is a story line to Elizabethtown.. but it kinda sucks.. Plainly.
Loud and Clear.
Seriously.
I went on saturday night. 9 people including me in the cinema - and this isn't a stingy suburban cinema.. quite popular (mind you, everyone went to see Flightplan which is kinda good! - we saw it straight afterwards hehe)

Orlando isn't as bad as i thought he'd be... But the movie goes nowhere.. You feel like falling asleep in some parts. Its not worth the money. Its one of those DVD rentals if that.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Just... STUPID oh and another thing. . They try and introduce mini side line stories.. they just don't work..
and oh gawd.. the whoel princapal of the movie sucks..and the script is well...

REALLY BORING..

Its bad.

I have to agree with the others here that have seen it and not liked it.

It sucks.

HSC
how could mr bloom think he could pull off his american accent- it was hideous.

on conan o'brien they were ripping off this movie saying that it had no storyline- isn't that typical of all cameron crowe movies??

he has a character who experiences some breakdown thus they have to take a new life changing journey (i hate the word journey too)

his career peaked with fast times at ridgemont high, jerry macguire was good also and elizabethtown just seems like a clone of that.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
something_funny said:
how could mr bloom think he could pull off his american accent- it was hideous.

on conan o'brien they were ripping off this movie saying that it had no storyline- isn't that typical of all cameron crowe movies??

he has a character who experiences some breakdown thus they have to take a new life changing journey (i hate the word journey too)

his career peaked with fast times at ridgemont high, jerry macguire was good also and elizabethtown just seems like a clone of that.
Didn't like Almost Famous or Say Anything :eek:? If you haven't seen them, give them a go. I'd say they're both better than Jerry Maguire and Fast Times. Singles was better too really.

HSC
Benny_ said:
Didn't like Almost Famous or Say Anything :eek:? If you haven't seen them, give them a go. I'd say they're both better than Jerry Maguire and Fast Times. Singles was better too really.

actually i have seen all of these movies. for some reason i thought almost famous and say anything were overrated.

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
I actually really enjoyed Elizabeth town, I'm not sure why, but it had a kind of substance to it. The characters were kinda wierd and annoying, but I thought it was a good break from the everyday normal character. I would watch it again.

Oh and I also thought that Orlando Blooms acting has improved. He doesn't do that annoying squinty eye thing when he's trying to say something serious.. I donno if that's just my imagination but meh..

And he is really hot in Kingdom of Heaven. I recommend that movie, even to people who dislike Orlando Bloom. It rocks!

Last edited:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Yeah Elizabethtown really sucked. i saw it on the night it came out. Was expecting so much more. Gosh it was boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)