Email Notfication (2 Viewers)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I check my email before I log on, to see whether Japanese really needs me. ;)

You can usually tell if threads are spam or not.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well why bother with E-mails when you can just go to the forum and inspect each thread. It's a more direct path, imo. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Perhaps. But what about when the connections are frying and you may not have the time, patience, or ability to check? :p

Edit: Most importantly, what if I don't particularly feel like BoSing unless I have some urgent modwork to do? Yes, I sometimes am not in the mood to post!

There are other things to do, like Chrono Trigger (which I just bought for 6 pounds :D)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
There are times when Lexi isn't in the mood to post? What next? :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I rely on email notification for important threads in fora I don't frequent, such as my "please sell me SNES games" thread in the buy/sell forum.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I rely on email notification for important threads in fora I don't frequent, such as my "please sell me SNES games" thread in the buy/sell forum.
hey u know what, u should put ya add on ya sig. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
You didn't get the joke eh?

I'm "Ghost of Japanese"
The Japanese can't say "Click" :)
yeah, now i get it its pretty funny. :D

here was this otha similiar joke a friend of mine sent me:

A building contracter hires an Englishman, an Irishman, and a Chinaman. He gathers them all in his office and tells each of them their jobs. The Englishman to shovel a pile of sand. The Irishman has to take the sand in the wheelbarrow to the truck. The Chinaman is in charge of supplies.
The boss comes back two hours later and he sees the Englishman and the Irishman having a cup of tea. ''So have you done the work then?'' he asks.

The workers both shake their heads and tell him that the Chinaman didn't give them a shovel or a wheelbarrow. The boss is infuriated by this and asks the workers if they have seen the Chinaman, they tell him they thought they saw him going toward the truck. So the boss sets out towards the truck and just as he is getting close to the truck the Chinaman jumps out from behind a wall and yells, "SUPPLIES!"

:rofl:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Er... that's a thread in my forum you know... :D

Only they're an American, a Frenchman, and a Japanese. Take a look, our version makes more sense to Japanese students. ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Er... that's a thread in my forum you know... :D

Only they're an American, a Frenchman, and a Japanese. Take a look, our version makes more sense to Japanese students. ;)
oh ok....sorry, coz i never go to japanese anyway. :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
;) Well, I wouldn't expect you to!

But we're diversifying it so the forum doesn't completely expire between now and February. I think at the moment the topic of discussion is University in Japan and Anim.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, I am not a moderator and every time someone posts in a thread I posted in I get an email to tell me so. If you want this too, go into your "user cp" and then click on "Edit Options" and then under the heading "Messaging & Notification", the third option is "Use 'Email Notification' by default?". Click yes to activate this option:).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
See that's the odd thing, for some people this works and for others it does not. Of course, if you're like me and post everywhere that option would kill you, because you'd get an email about EVERY thread you post in (death to email server for me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)