Emma/Clueless or BNW/Bladerunner? (1 Viewer)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
Anyone got any idea which one might be better? I read parts of Emma and BNW but still don't know which one to choose. What do you think of either? I guess there is a gender distinction present in the texts too.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
we're doing emma/ clueless

i think its more easier and it sounds easier too.. it can be related to the present more, well IMO that it :rolleyes:.. everyone says BNW is boring and hard to understand in the beggining.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Were doing BNW/Bladerunner I have no idea about either so hopefully it wont be too boring, as for which one for you to choose I reackon just go with the one in which your more interested in the issues presented with the book.

juggernaut

HSC
yeh blade runner is pretty tricky at the beginning.. theres so many different ideas and shit just floating around.. its hard to get a definate hold on stuff

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
for reading, i preferred BNW. but I'm doing clueless because I think it's going to be easier. and very funny... studying 'clueless'?!
I've heard that there's more material if you do the BNW/Bladerunner combo...

KarmaKitten

HSC
I'm doing BNW/BR, although we have the choice at my school.
I could never do clueless, i find it irritating. I wonder what jane austen would think if she knew her book was being compared to THAT.
I've read BWN and watched BR and love it. I can relate to those things more than feminism/traditional roles more. 5 years in a girl school makes you sick of feminism.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
we are doing emma/clueless.

Hmmm such a thought filled post...

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Were doing bnw/bladerunner.
In my view they seem reasonable. Obviously though there is a gender distinction. In making your decision you should just consider what text's interest you the most and the ones you think you would understand the best.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by Aussiechick
we're doing emma/clueless and had no choice in the matter
Yeah my school gave us no choice in the matter as well. Oh well, thats the way it goes.

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Bladerunner is an awesome movie so thumbs up to BNW/BR

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
THATS RIGHT! SAYS ME!
the class of arse is now in session. take out a number 2 pencil and we shall begin.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
emma/clueless... do u guys reckon that they'll replace emma/clueless with pride and prejeduce/bridget jones diary?? I think its likely to come soon!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ive read emma and watched cluless and its so easy to compare.. emma is interesting once u get into it but boring at first
i havent seen the other combination but yeh we have no choice in what we do either

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
We had no choice in the matter either but Im pretty happy about it, because our teacher chose what were doing based on how well she can teach us and how well she knows the texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)