Emma/Clueless, W.B Yeats or Antony and Cleopatra... Thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

bethdocker85

HSC
How did everything think they went on these?

[If anyone even did them? Haha our school does such random electives! :p]

mattwillie

Awesomely Awesome.
HSC
Hey yer i do Emma/Clueless and Antony&Cleopatra.

I think that the Ant and Cleo question was massive broad, which kinda worked for me, but i still dont reckon i did too well... i seem to blab on alot. Emma/Clueless was a decent question not to random. Pretty much what id studied.

Never been too good at english though haha.

What did you think!?

NovaAesa

HSC
I did Antony & Cleopatra. I ran out of time and only did 3.5 pages :(. It was an easy question though, I probably should have done that one first.

bethdocker85

HSC
mattwillie said:

I think that the Ant and Cleo question was massive broad, which kinda worked for me, but i still dont reckon i did too well... i seem to blab on alot. Emma/Clueless was a decent question not to random. Pretty much what id studied.

What did you think!?
Yeah, I think the broadness of A+C Q kinda freaked me out, and at first I was like, challenged?? how?? omg! but then I managed to pull something outta my ass! haha but yeah i think i waffled a bit as well.

I though E/C was my best section. I think cuase the question was a bit more specific I could structure my response a bit better and make it a bit more concise and coherent.

I love English :)

3 outta 4 units of it all over though! So exciting!!

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
i started rejoicing silently after looking at the powerplay question. pretty much just wrote my generic word for word.

the emma/clueless question was really annoying! they said to only focus on two aspects where i focus on 3 in my generic. so my module a essay was really short i thought~

doofyduck01

HSC
bethdocker85 said:
I love English :)

3 outta 4 units of it all over though! So exciting!!
hehe, bring on nov 2nd! boo yah gonna slaughter RFTG, what elective are you doing?

RyelleBlitz

HSC
I did Yeats, and it was a fantastic question!! Wrote about 5 or 6 pages on it. 3 poems. >w<

I didn't do aswell in the others though.. hehe hehe.

I seriously nearly cried when I saw it, with happiness.

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
mattwillie said:

What did you think!?
Hey!
Yeah i do Emma/Clueless and Antony and Cleo too.

I did think the paper was pretty good.
I was happy with english all over.
Hopingextension one is good too.
my esssays fit perfectly =]
but i hope i answered the question lol.
i do blab too.
but my blabbing normally still gives me good marks.
Really really hoping for a band 6 in english.
=]
last unit of 4 units next friday =]

Stephie121

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
i started rejoicing silently after looking at the powerplay question. pretty much just wrote my generic word for word.

the emma/clueless question was really annoying! they said to only focus on two aspects where i focus on 3 in my generic. so my module a essay was really short i thought~
Yeha i loved the powerplay question too...
Emma and Clueless scared me a bit coz i focused on 3 aspects aswell but i found a way to mosshhh them all together lol

but im pretty happy altogether

psychosomatic

pwnzor
HSC
The Antony and Cleopatra question was WAY to easy. I was so pissed off when I walked out of that exam because anyone with a basic generic mode of representation & Nature of power, which I'm assuming most people did, could of pulled it off... so everyone could of aced it = HARSH MARKING!i!@&

If you look at all the past papers, the powerplay questions have been really full on and seemingly difficult to decipher to the untrained mind/those who do not truly understand the intricate and delicate nature of power.
Chucked in a generic essay on the representation of power through diferent mediums, the intention/ideology of the composer, the previleged position of the responders and the judgements they make on the nature of power.

Emma/Clueless was fair, I mean all-in-all it was rather straightforward but I think the key to winning this one was picking the right themes and elements and integrating it with the transformation of the texts as mediums of representation.

This paper was way to easy in comparison to others. I'm quite scared of how they'll actually mark it all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)