• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Emma / Clueless (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Whos doing this? whos started? the book gets so complex, it has too many characters and I cant keep track especially with the two Mr Knightleys... Other than that im enjoying it. I havent finished the book yet, i was suppose to finish that and king lear by the time i get back but i havent started king lear and im almost up to volume 2 in emma... tch tch tch. next week = alot of reading. ive seen clueless and i think ill watch emma today! Movies are so much better.

Cicciolina

HSC
I'm doing this once we get back into school. I haven't even read Emma yet - I've bought the DVD and have watched it about 5 times, that's about it! I haven't started King Lear either... Oh and I've watched clueless. That's about all I've done which isn't too great.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i have read king lear, watched clueless, watched a bit of emma and i am in the progress of reading the book emma...

can someone please tell me who the randalls are? they get mentioned in the book but i dont understand what role they play

5c

HSC
im not sure..
then where is HIGHBURY?
i am sooo confused
and da book is so long and boring

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Yay i can answer this.. Randalls is where Mr and Mrs Weston lives. Highbury is the town where all the houses are and Hartfileld is where Emma and Mr Woodhouse lives, Mrs Weston ... aka Miss Taylor

s2ophie

HSC
Its good once you get into it. if you're a good student you probably should read it twice. I read it 1.5 times so I'm not that good!

and don't rely on the gwyneth paltrow movie. It is vastly different to the novel

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I didnt think it was so different, i thought it was a good appropriation. im planning to read it 2 times, im half way thru it .. ill read it again the next hols maybe.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i have read king lear i like it, it was easier to understand than previous shakespeare plays we had done in class. but i think we should start a new thread on king lear so we dont mix our emma/clueless stuff with it

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
King Lear looks really good, but I'm hoping the Shakespearean language doesn't go whooshka over my head.

I'm up to volume 2 in Emma, and it's taking me forever to read. I only have less than 2 weeks till school starts!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh ive read most of it.. watched clueless and the movie emma too.. it is good once you get into it but i havent had time to read lately
ive got the excel book so i can rely on chapter summaries till im bothered to finish emma

RAH-nizzle

haha wdf.... man just read it -.- or alternatively.. sparknotes.com and read up on character profiles.. it will give a more accurate response :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)