'Emo' Creative Stories? (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
'Emo' Creative Stories? Are they good to do or not? Or would it be repetitive and put markers off?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
no
they would be percieved as "Non serious attempt"

gloomy

moo
HSC
depend how effective it is to create a journey :3
Remember techniques and all that jazz

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
uh huh...

Cause ive written two stories,

i) about a girl thinking about her dead father

ii) and another of a final fantasy rip-off

So i just have to choose which one to use. Help me!!!......

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Depends...

If there's some 'emotion' in the piece, because said emotion has something to do with, say, an inner journey the character is undertaking, then it won't hurt.

If the story consists of "the journey of a guy whose girlfriend left him so he decided to dress in black and sit in his room crying and listening to dashboard confessional", then that's probably a bad thing.

hipPo3

HSC
could i approprait Rime of the Ancient mariner ? .. that would be an awsome imaginative journey ..
"dickhead pirate rapes random wedding singer and explaines his story of how he fought the loch ness monster in Antartica" ... that would be brilliant.. minus all the swearing

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
hipPo3 said:
could i approprait Rime of the Ancient mariner ? .. that would be an awsome imaginative journey ..
"dickhead pirate rapes random wedding singer and explaines his story of how he fought the loch ness monster in Antartica" ... that would be brilliant.. minus all the swearing
I like it... it could be so good that they adopt it into the English syllabus next year as one of the "Transformations" set texts!

gloomy

moo
HSC
what971 said:
uh huh...

Cause ive written two stories,

i) about a girl thinking about her dead father

ii) and another of a final fantasy rip-off

So i just have to choose which one to use. Help me!!!......
study both of them, there is no harm in that :)

Final fantasy rip off! I didnt think of that! Reno for the win :D
my stories...

i) A girl reflecting on her past with her twin sister whos a druggie
ii) A boy playing with his toys in his room

now i might do a FF7 rip off >_> or some other type of game :p

mouldy_bread

HSC
in the trials i got 14/15 for a very short story ( 1 1/2 pages), and it was rather 'emo.' it just depends on how well your style suits the storyline, your techniques and all that jazz i suppose.

if only i could be as good at analytical essays :(

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
what971 said:
'Emo' Creative Stories? Are they good to do or not? Or would it be repetitive and put markers off?
last time i checked, kid courageous arent studying the hsc this year...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
In fact, while we're at it, let's be honest:

The markers are like... 50-ish, right. So they all have about 30 years more life experience than us.

So any attempt we make at being 'deep and meaningful' is going to come across like... Well you know the slightly embarassing feeling you get when you read something that you wrote when you were 12 that you thought was heaps 'deep' back then. Just like that.

vigelante

HSC
what the heck is 'emo'?
my friends use and their explanations suck it of goes like this: ' it is like gothic but different' whatthe hell is that?

so a FFX story could be good but surely it wouldnt be imaginative because Final Fanatasy seems to rely on physical journeys to strangthen their characters

unless... you focus on the imagination required to convert a physical journey into an imaginativ one

(sorry this was a 'non serious attemt' to help you i just wanted to know what emo meant and since you havent posted your stories o cant give you specific help)

i have left my creative writing too late and so im just going to use my piece from the trials that i got 19 out of 20 for, i hope they dont mark harder in the HSC
i thought it sucked (it was about some girl who is a bitch and then she becomes less of a bitch due to contact with some native african and she imagines herself there and becomes nice - the end) but my head of english liked it and gave me good marks so they seem to like soppy crap

dawso

HSC
vigelante said:
what the heck is 'emo'?
my friends use and their explanations suck it of goes like this: ' it is like gothic but different' whatthe hell is that?

so a FFX story could be good but surely it wouldnt be imaginative because Final Fanatasy seems to rely on physical journeys to strangthen their characters

unless... you focus on the imagination required to convert a physical journey into an imaginativ one

(sorry this was a 'non serious attemt' to help you i just wanted to know what emo meant and since you havent posted your stories o cant give you specific help)

i have left my creative writing too late and so im just going to use my piece from the trials that i got 19 out of 20 for, i hope they dont mark harder in the HSC
i thought it sucked (it was about some girl who is a bitch and then she becomes less of a bitch due to contact with some native african and she imagines herself there and becomes nice - the end) but my head of english liked it and gave me good marks so they seem to like soppy crap
http://www.mp3.com.au/track.asp?id=114476

^listen and learn

mouldy_bread

HSC
ahhaha no. just no.

kid courageous, simple plan, my chemical romance, the used = not emo.

i could talk about what it really is. but theres a website, think its fourfa.com, that says it all if anyone actually cares.

vigelante

HSC
soo emo is punk rock groupies? or is it a style of dressing?
the black shirt, faded tight jeans, badges and patches?

because this is not what my friends use emo as

mouldy_bread

HSC
no, thats scene. the girl pants, hair-over-eyes, etc is scene fashion.

emo is just a music genre. short for emotionally charged hardcore punk, it died about 10-15 years ago. now, any band with self-pitying lyrics or a whiny vocalist is labelled emo but its wrong.

dawso

HSC
vigelante said:
soo emo is punk rock groupies? or is it a style of dressing?
the black shirt, faded tight jeans, badges and patches?

because this is not what my friends use emo as
no, this is the punk movement, badges and black shirts are cool, dont diss it :D

emo is just short for emotional, but bands such as the ones mentioned above, chose 2 wear make up 2 cover their inside and sing bitchy girly songs about missing loved ones without actually having meaning, so they sing emo music....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)