Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Fuck it.

Final Fantasy here i come!!

mouldy_bread

HSC
dawso said:
no, this is the punk movement, badges and black shirts are cool, dont diss it :D

emo is just short for emotional, but bands such as the ones mentioned above, chose 2 wear make up 2 cover their inside and sing bitchy girly songs about missing loved ones without actually having meaning, so they sing emo music....

nooooo dont believe it.

gloomy

moo
HSC
personally i would want to stand out from the rest of the group..
write a story which no one else would.

Just think of the thousands of people who are going to write storys of self realisation O_O and how it led them on a journey to become a better person!

Sheeeesh

mouldy_bread

HSC
i havent prepared a story for this. i'll invent one, and use how i'm feeling as a basis for it on the spot. its more real that way. i find it easier to convey everything. for example, i was sick as fuck during my trials so i wrote of guilt, shame, anger - emotions that make me feel the same way as how i was feeling.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
be careful about pre planning too carefully as a large part of the marks you get is connecting to the stimulus, that is if we are even given a straight narrative, which i doubt because it was given last year.

i have written a fair few creative writing responses, and i am planning on creating a new one in the exam tomorrow.

just be as original and descriptive as you can be. i usually do this by having a character die in a really violent way. drugs and sex are also good to include.

good luck everyone.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
If the story consists of "the journey of a guy whose girlfriend left him so he decided to dress in black and sit in his room crying and listening to dashboard confessional", then that's probably a bad thing.
damn it, there goes my story :/

Isenduil

HSC
This whole cliche business. its extremely easy to fall into the trap of writing a cliched story, but if you're able to identify what you're writing as cliched and effectively satirise it, the markers will go "hey look he's using his brain" and will be more receptive of your response.

I did it for a few of my pieces I wrote during stuvac. As soon as i realised I was being really really stereotypical with my story, I made the characters realise it, they were like "wtf is wrong with me" and the rest of the key journey links were emphasised. That's what my extension teacher stressed to me anyway :)

Don't think that you're screwed as soon as you feel as though you're being too cliched. Cliched writing can work as long as you have enough flair to effectively identify what your doing, even if you fell into the trap in the first place.

GL tomorrow guys :)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
As above.
Write something new that they'll be impressed with and that will stand out from the rest.
As a word of advice from my teacher, teenage love/angst stories, especially the ones with sex scenes end up being badly written.
That might narrow down your selection :p
As Alley said, don't pre-plan too much but have a few skeletal outlines of stories (say about 3) which you could use and then go with the one that feels most right on the day.
:)

drama_fag

HSC
do something that you can relate to. something that you feel.

mine is a very personal story about an event that happened to me... im not going to go into it. coz i dont want sympathy from people...

but ahhh yeah do something that you can feel, which you will enjoy writing. if youre enjoying putting your pen to the paper, chances are the person reading it is... just dont do anything stupid.

have fun with your creative writing piece... be descriptive and write something that you think you would enjoy reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)