End Of Mathematics! (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
With all maths exams complete, any final comments about the end of maths?

P

pLuvia

Will continue into university :p But glad it's over for now. Now for chemistry in 10 days

Sober

HSC
I'm sure alot of people doing 3u will need some kind of maths in uni.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
You need math for your further study regardless of what you will going to do after HSC. Even if you not going to study later, math is like language, you have to use it in order to survive. (though mostly only use basic counting techniques and algebra).

So, this is not the end of Math.

NightShadow

HSC
then it hit me... sweet no more maths! brought about so much anguish and pain..yet so much delight at the same time.. what am I saying... ....

Sober

HSC
XcarvengerX said:
You need math for your further study regardless of what you will going to do after HSC. Even if you not going to study later, math is like language, you have to use it in order to survive. (though mostly only use basic counting techniques and algebra).

So, this is not the end of Math.
Thats just silly, by the same token I will be doing English in future cause I speake the language, be doing physics cause I throw balls to my dog, be doing chemistry because I deal with such chemicals as salt, petrol, and water on a daily basis.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Whilst most of us celebrated the end of HSC English with great joy (except English Extension 1 people, they have an exam on Friday :p), since we (well, most of us) will never have to approach texts in such a conceptual way ever again, the end of HSC Mathematics isn't quite as significant because most of us will have to revisit and extend beyond the concepts we learnt at school, in our university studies. (whereas in English we most likely won't...)

Benmc

HSC
I actually don't mind maths....especially the easy to interpret shit.....It actually feels awesome when i get em right.....

But what pisses me off and makes maths shit is when the Board Of Studies tries to jam a 5 hour exam into a 2 hour exam and then makes it hard to interpret make making the stupid questions essay long and very abstract with all the stupid thetas and crap like we saw in the induction Q today.....

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Sober said:
Thats just silly, by the same token I will be doing English in future cause I speake the language, be doing physics cause I throw balls to my dog, be doing chemistry because I deal with such chemicals as salt, petrol, and water on a daily basis.
Well, at least in Math, we are not doomed by BOS syllabi (memorise those and follow closely every dot poins like there is no life outside the syllabi). Math is more open-ended unlike English stupid texts and area of study, physics, chemistry and most Board-developed subjects.

I doubt many students even know that dot points syllabus also exists for Math. We only know what topics to cover like permutation then we study everything we can about that (only limited by our laziness and time constraint) but if say physics you say study space, then without the syllabus, you are pretty much screwed for HSC even if you know other stuff about "space" - but it is not in the syllabus. I hope you get what I am trying to say.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
I wish it could have ended on a better note...
but glad its over!

Benmc

HSC
k8kate said:
I wish it could have ended on a better note...
but glad its over!
Same actually....12 Years of schooling and learning maths and at some stages actually really enjoying it, but all ending in a sour note because of the stupid Maths Ext 1 exam which i failed.

Its a shame that 12 years of maths will be remembered for me failing ext 1 in the HSC in a 2 houre exam, rather than what i achieved over all those years. :mad1:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
^ Exactly. After working really hard for years at this damn subject, I go in and fail the last, and most important, exam of them all. That sucks ass.

mel4dan

Its stupid how after all these years of maths, it comes down to one exam. Something needs to be done about that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)