How do you use it?
Is it worth using it?

Argh!

thankyou .... =)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yes, you download it, although if you are on dialup, it is quite a chunky filesize, so you might want to get it at the library and burn it to a disk or something.

You use it with Word.

It can be confusing to start off with, but once you get the hang of it, it saves a lot of fiddling (especially if your discipline is as narky with referencing as mine is)

http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/computing/desktopservices/windows/softwareendnote.html (Windows)
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/computing/desktopservices/macintosh/softwareendnote.html (Mac)

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Try and download endnote on the university computers and then put it on a cd or USB and take it home.

If you are downloading it you might incounter a few problems like it not appearing in word

Here is a little excert from my endnote installation gudie I wrote for some of my class mates with some reference to www.endnote.com

GO this address and follow the steps

http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq1.asp

However I will post the require steps here

If the CWYW tools do not install for any reason during program setup you can manually install the tools by doing the following:
1. Within Microsoft Word go to the Tools menu and select Options.
2. Click the File Locations tab, highlight the Startup folder, and then click the Modify button.
3. Note the path to the Microsoft Word Startup folder. If no path is listed at the bottom of the window click on the “Look In” dropdown at the top of the window and note the path.
4. Close Word
5. Launch Windows Explorer and locate your EndNote folder. The default installation path is “C:\Program Files\EndNote”.
6. Copy these two files ( this is for windows XP/2003)
EN7CWYW.dot
EN7Cwyw.WordXP.wll

This is for windows 97/2000
EN7CWYW.dot
EN7Cwyw.wll
If you do not see the .wll and .dot file extensions, go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options / View tab. Uncheck the box that reads “Hide file extensions for known file types” and click OK.
7. Locate the Word Startup folder and paste these two files into this folder. If you cannot find the specified folder, your Windows preferences may be set to hide the folder. In Windows Explorer go to Tools / Folder Options / View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is selected.
8. Launch Microsoft Word.
Before you use the tools for the first time, close Word, then open EndNote and an EndNote library, then re-open Word and click on one of the EndNote tools. The programs must only be opened in this order the first time you use the tools so that Windows will be configured correctly.
It is worth using. I have shown it to some of my class mates and they are now hooked on the program.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)