Eng advanced creative writing (1 Viewer)

Minari243

HSC
Hello, I have an assignment coming up and I am to create a 1000-1200 word creative story that explores the theme of "encountering otherness". My class has also been studying the novel 'Anil's ghost', and I have to take inspiration from the language choices and conventions used in the novel. I am also required to have at least one other text type to use within the story, e.g. a letter, poem, or lyrics.

I'm planning to compose my story based on a deaf person, about how they encounter 'otherness' every day. Would this be strange because I'm taking a whole sense out?
I'm also planning to use italics for words spoken through sign language, would this be a good idea?

If anyone could send me tips or send some notes for anil's ghost I'll really appreciate it :))

Hannah0605

HSC
You can try to send a request on Airstudy, It is a Student & Tutor platform. It is very responsive and you can get help from there.

Minari243

HSC
You can try to send a request on Airstudy, It is a Student & Tutor platform. It is very responsive and you can get help from there.
Just hopped on to the website, It seems that the website is for looking for tutors with scheduled lessons and payments. I'm just looking for advice for now

Hannah0605

HSC
Maybe just write down you need advice from the experienced person, and see whether someone will offer help. It only takes a few seconds to send a request.

Hannah0605

HSC
You r welcome. I just found the tool was cool. But wish you find the right help. Sometimes, you just met the good people offer free help. Who knows. Have a try first.

throwaway2318

HSC
I had to do the same assignment last year. It definitely wasn't my best performance in English, even though I spent quite a while on it. My issue was that I was exploring too many concepts within the word limit and that my use of multiple POVs were confusing. You could incorporate multiple POVs/flashbacks in your composition, that's what many people did. Your idea sounds good, btw.
Do you also have to do a presentation related to this? I may have notes... (I had to make my own since I felt as if I didn't learn anything useful in class, rip..) I'm not too sure, but I can check. Good luck with your assignment!

Minari243

HSC
I had to do the same assignment last year. It definitely wasn't my best performance in English, even though I spent quite a while on it. My issue was that I was exploring too many concepts within the word limit and that my use of multiple POVs were confusing. You could incorporate multiple POVs/flashbacks in your composition, that's what many people did. Your idea sounds good, btw.
Do you also have to do a presentation related to this? I may have notes... (I had to make my own since I felt as if I didn't learn anything useful in class, rip..) I'm not too sure, but I can check. Good luck with your assignment!
I'd really appreciate the notes! I have a sneaking suspicion we got to the same school haha there is a presentation related to this.

Wizjaro

HSC
very interesting approach. I think using italics for the thoughts /words of the deaf person is an amazing way to bring the two worlds together. Just be careful not to say too much through italics(show don’t tell lol).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)