Eng Ex 1 Assessment Task - Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
This was the question I had to answer on Tuesday for an assessment task on Transformations -

"Write, in any form, a conversation between Mary Shelley, James Whale and Kenneth Branagh discussing their transformations of Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein."

HOW BLOODY INSANE IS THAT? I would have been so much happier writing an essay.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Oh well. Good luck for that...i think Glycerine would be better equipped to help u...atleast you dont have to PRESENT it

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah i like essays too, but the reality is in the hsc you're going to get at least one question like that, so you might as well get used to it :)

i actually would've had more fun with that question than with the 'creative' one in our yearly exam :p

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
What question was that?

I prefer the usual sort of 'creative' questions we get - create a story, etc. Not this extremely bizarre shit.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh it was just something like write a story, but i prefer it to be a little bit more defined than that, if it's something like what you got, you know exactly what they want and can write it

and in the hsc, excepting area of study, all the 'creative' questions are going to be something like what you got (i just did the 02 hsc question for mod b and it was "two people who value your text differently blah blah...compose their conversation), so yeah, you're better off to get used to it now

Bobman 21

I'm doing three tasks for Frankenstein

1) An essay on Frankenstein from psychological perspectives
2) A speech to show appropriation in Frankenstein to a film
3) A report on an appropriation of a text before 20th Century to a text in the 20th-21st text.

Kwayera, u have it easy, i reckon.

PS Any help might help

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Oh, this isn't the first thing I had to do. First, last term, I had to write a lecture on a theme in Frankenstein; and then I had to write a, er, summary? of everyone else's lectures I had to listen to.

But yeah, I think you had it easier. I can provide my lecture/written thing if you want, but I won't have the convo thing back for a while.

Igor

HSC
N/A
all i can do is laugh.

we had to compare Genesis (the bible thing) and the Ryme of teh ancient mariner to frankenstein,

then we watched Brannaghs version.....-- that was hard work; sitting through such utter shite. should have comprised the whole unit of work. boy it was tough

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Shoulda seen the Whale version.

It was so bad it was hilarious. Branagh's was great in comparison.

But yeah, yours sounds worse. What am I complaining about? Actually, wait, no, I coulda done yours, I think. We looked at the themes of creation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)